Crosswalk Integration Beta in Ionic CLI (v1.3.2)

Same problem here. It used to work but I think that something changed on the SDK or NDK side with the introduction of 64 bit architectures and everything screwed up.

Any ideas on how to actually target architectures (eg as it used to be: just x86 and arm)?

I have a problem that seems different.
I did release crosswalk, separate x86 and ARMv7, but when risen to Google Play.
The version 104 022 is not available for any device configuration: all devices that can receive 104,022 would receive a version of the versions 104,024.
Theoretically the ARMv7 was 104,022, and 104,024 is x86, but the two in detail shows in native platforms like arm64-V8A, armeabi, armeabi-v7a, x86, x86_64.
I will try reinstalling the crosswalk to rebuild

I had the same Problem, there is one thing missing in the docs:

To use crosswalk it is absolutely necessary to add the Network-Information Plugin!

just run this in your ionic cli

ionic plugin add cordova-plugin-network-information

After that my app opened again

how to stop this? where i can change this?

When i’m building my app i’m getting two .apk files on default. one armv7 and one x86 however i need to build a single apk bundling both together even if the size gets big.

I tried setting BUILD_MULTIPLE_APKS = false but it’s still building two separate apks. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I saw a post earlier saying :

But i don’t have any gradle.properties file in my platforms/android/ folder, i have a project.properties file and there is no cdvBuildMultipleApks=true line in it to comment out.

I tried to manually create a gradle.properties file and putting cdvBuildMultipleApks=false in there but still two outputs.

The actual variable name is ext.cdvBuildMultipleApks. I’ve only tried this with the latest Cordova CLI, but one way that worked for me was to create a file named build-extras.gradle (in platforms/android) which contains the line ext.cdvBuildMultipleApks=false

1 Like

This indeed worked for me to create a single combined apk. I’m running Cordova 5.1.1.

Thank you bale :smile:

Hi!

It seems the Crosswalk build now generates separate APKs by default. I’m not sure how to use them separately. Isn’t there a way to have just one that would serve different architectures?

Thanks.

There’s now a field in config.xml that you can change to build a single APK.

Look for:
<preference name="xwalkMultipleApk" value="true" />

Set the value to false

Im having a problem about running the crosswalk… the outputted ARM7 and x86 is not running properly on the device…

That’s annoying having to do that every time you do a “run”, however it’s easy to fix:

Ionic run android does not install app in device

1 Like

Did you find a fix eventually? i’ve beeeen looking everywhere no one’s giving a solid answer that actually works. Thank you.

Hi,

i came across this error recently,

My particular problem was due to old version of crosswalk and android, so uninstall and reinstall crosswalk, and then update cordova and android(cordova platform update android.)

This problem also occurs when multiple plugins have conflicts with some libararies, so if it does work, you might want to remove some and see if it works.

Thank you man, i did as you advised. I uninstalled android, re-installed it along with crosswalk. And after playing around with removing plugins it all worked. I had to replace the cordova facebook phonegab plugin with “cordova-plugin-facebook4 1.7.2”. I also removed this plugin cordova-plugin-android-support-v13-jar.(added it yesterday while trying to fix my problem). Thanks again.

Hey @mhartington as far as i have researched i guess crosswalk works good for android 4.x devices and we dont need them in 5.x and 6.x devices so i have a question can we make the application in such a way so that if the user has 5.x devices or 6.x devices then a project without crosswalk will be downloaded and for version 4.x the crosswalk one will be downloaded. I am mainly concerned about the size right now cause my apk without crosswalk is 7 mb and with crosswalk is 30 Mb and the performance lag still there in crosswalk as it takes around 15 sec for the splash screen on my 4.3 android device which is very irritating, and after that its also performing slowly.

Correct me if i am wrong
Thanks,
Ezaz

Yes, you can use minSdkVersion for that.
I build crosswalk enabled apps for < 5.0 and native for >=5.0

Hey what do you mean by native in here you mean the native android development or you mean the android without crosswalk i was thinking of adding maxversion to 22 for crosswalk and for the one without crosswalk i will add minsdk version to 23 i guess if it is for android 5.x+

Am i doing the right thing please suggest

sorry, I mean with crosswalk and without crosswalk (not really native)

so how are you doing it

what are you writing in min sdk version and are you uploading 3 apk’s for the build

Please read the link I provided above - the code is in there