Why do I need to register device to developer.itune for push notification iOS?

Using IONIC 2

Recently I have tested ionic push notification service with Android.
Now I am trying same with iOS
while reading document https://docs.ionic.io/services/profiles/#device-registration
I found that I need to register my iPhone, but if I have done with all the other processes like bundleidentifer,
push notification SSL certification etc. then why I need to register my device ? it means I need to register all devices , if I wanted to send push notification to multiple devices?

Devices must be explicitly registered with Apple for sending push notifications during development.

See my emphasis.

Does it mean that I will get notification only on those devices which I have registered in developer.itune?
Can you please tell me the steps for production?

Yes, for development versions of the app that is the way to go.
For production you follow the documentation.

Thanks for informing me. As I am new can you please help me out to get things working. Below is my code in ionic 2 component
export class HomePage {

"constructor(public navCtrl: NavController,public push: Push) {
alert(“home”);
this.push.register().then((t: PushToken) => {
return this.push.saveToken(t);
}).then((t: PushToken) => {
alert("Token is "+t.token
)
console.log(‘Token saved:’, t.token);
});
this.push.rx.notification()
.subscribe((msg) => {
alert(msg.title + ': ’ + msg.text);
});
}

}"

I get first alert but I do not get the alert under register method. Can you pls help me out where I could be wrong.
Or how to check the error here?
Thanks

Please create a new topic for this as this is now a totally different question and problem. I and others will then take a look at it. (Plase make sure you format your code using the </> button) Thank you.