White Screen when using Capacitor

Sorry to say that, but they do not work. I tried baidu-push and phonegap local notification (Both didnt show anything) .
Then i tried local-notification from Katzer. After i added the plugin my build crashed when executing the subprocess: processReleaseManifest

Errormessage appears: AndroidManifest.xml:28:13-35 Error:
Attribute meta-data#android.support.VERSION@value value=(25.4.0) from [com.android.support:appcompat-v7:25.4.0] AndroidManifest.xml:28:13-35
is also present at [com.android.support:support-v4:26.1.0] AndroidManifest.xml:28:13-35 value=(26.1.0).
Suggestion: add ‘tools:replace=“android:value”’ to element at AndroidManifest.xml:26:9-28:38 to override.

Manifest merger failed : Attribute meta-data#android.support.VERSION@value value=(25.4.0) from [com.android.support:appcompat-v7:25.4.0] AndroidManifest.xml:28:13-35

After that i saw somewhere the tip to update build.gradle file with this code piece:

configurations.all {
resolutionStrategy.eachDependency { DependencyResolveDetails details ->
def requested = details.requested
if (requested.group == ‘com.android.support’) {
if (!requested.name.startsWith(“multidex”)) {
details.useVersion ‘25.3.0’
}
}
}
}

The next time i tried to execute the build process i received following error:

\Builder.java:32: error: package android.support.v4.media.app.NotificationCompat does not exist
import android.support.v4.media.app.NotificationCompat.MediaStyle;

Builder.java:130: error: cannot find symbol
.setChannelId(options.getChannel())
^
symbol: method setChannelId(String)

\Builder.java:296: error: cannot find symbol
MediaStyle style;
^
Builder.java:298: error: cannot find symbol
style = new MediaStyle(builder)
^

I followed the documentation how to implement everything. When i remove the Katzer local-notification plugin my build works again.

@EinfachHans If you really believe these plug-ins work, then please tell me what to do different with katzer local notification plugin. Because I followed EXACTLY the documentation and it doesn’t work.

Now back again to the main topic. When I build the app with capacitor install it and run it after splash screen I get a frozen white screen.

1 Like