White screen on android emulator (and only there)

So my app works in chrome (ionic serve), when I start it with in Xcode and on real devices iOS and Android (Nexus 5X)…but I’m not able to run it in the android emulator, I always end up on a white screen (ionic run or ionic emulate, same).

Seems something happens because my automatic login is firing.

Any idea what could be the problem? And more important than that, how could I see logs??? Even when emulating with -c -s I don’t see anything logging

Thx in advance for your ideas

1 Like

Hello,

Do you have crosswalk plugin with your project?

Yes. Don’t tell that’s the reason and it’s well known and I should excuse myself :wink:

I guess it’s crosswalk, i have similar problem and another one with statusbar (Ionic2.RC0: Plugin StatusBar not working in Android with crosswalk)

But it’s not well known :wink:

Both problems seem similar, crosswalk does not work as expected, but I do not know where does the problem comes from (crosswalk? Ionic build? Angular2 Or …)

Did you have crosswalk before ionic2.RC0? with beta.11? was working fine?

actually I didn’t started the android debugger since a while, I’m always testing on my phone, so can’t remember if it was working before

about the status bar I had the same change of color, but I kind of found a fix (which work most of the time, gonna comment your post)

here it’s still different, Ive got like a white screen of death but the app seems to work !?!!? maybe something with splash screen ?

Same thing, white screen on emulator but app seems to work. Without Crosswalk, it’s works on emulator.

Having the same issue on rc-0.

Inspected an app via Chrome DevToosl Devices: components are rendered - dom elements are there, but it seems like all styles (and system ones) are not applied. Some elements apply styles in case manual editing via devtools.

1 Like

i yet dont knew why, some libraries don’t show console logs and if u try gives u no response from “localhost”

I’m just beginning with Ionic2 (and more or less with software development) and I have also this white screen problem with Androïd : I created different projects using ionic start command with various templates. Before I modify anything in the files created by Ionic, I try first to see how it looks on an Androïd emulator using command : ionic run android with different emulators. Each time, I get a white screen.
What can I do to see my Ionic 2 project on an Androïd emulator ?
(it seems to be specific to Ionic2 as the same works fine with Ionic1)
Thanks for your help.

Did you remote debug the problem on the device already? Follow these instructions here to debug the problem in Chrome dev tools: https://ionic.zone/debug/remote-debug-your-app#android Look at the console and network tabs for errors.

On a physical device, it works fine, no errors.
It’s only with Androïd emulators (Memu, Genymotion) that I get a white screen. It is the same with any project I create from scratch using Ionic start command and any template under Ionic2, without modifying any file created during Ionic creation process.
The only problem (?) I see under network tab of chrome://inspect/#devices is with core.es5.js.map/android_asset/www/build : it says This request has no response data available. Othewise everything looks fine.

Interesting. This doesn’t happen on real devices?

This happens when I launch chrome://inspect/#devices on my PC (Windows 7 family premium Service Pack 1 - 64 bits ) and when this PC is USB-connected to the real device and my app (basic side template Ionic2 app without any modification) is running on this device.

Full error message is :
file:///android_asset/www/build/core.es5.js.map
Status Text is (failed) net::ERR_FILE

Under Headers tab :
Request URL:file:///android_asset/www/build/core.es5.js.map
Request Headers CAUTION: Provisional headers are shown.
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; E2003 Build/25.0.A.2.31) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/33.0.0.0 Mobile Safari/537.36
X-Source-Map-Request-From:inspector
Under preview tab
This request has no preview available
Under Response tab
This request has no response data available

What that’s an issue I created?

Well I guess it’s solved since October 2016, my app has since reach v2 in stores :wink:

If someone face the same problem, pair your phone with a Cable and open the debugger of your phone with Chrome, best way to catch Javascript errors