What Plugin Work in PWAs?

How can we tell which plugins are compatible for use in a PWA? I’m asking because I’m trying get a PWA Ionic App working that uses the Document Viewer PDF Viewer plugin, but I can’t get it to work in Safari on an iPhone. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong when I compile or if it simply isn’t supposed to work when used from a browser even when it’s a mobile device.

The Document Viewer plugin lists its compatibility as: Android, iOS, and Windows. Does it need to list “Browser” as a supported platform for it work in a PWA?

Check this out and see if it will work: https://github.com/TeamHive/pdf-viewer

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely give that a try. I’m still trying to figure out how to read the “Platform Support” listing for Cordova plugins though. Does it need to say “Browser” in the Platform Support in order for usage in a PWA to be possible?

That’s a terrific implementation of PDF.js! I’m so glad you told me about that. I was really struggling with addressing the varying dependencies of the @ionic-native/document-viewer plugin, especially on the Android side. The Team Hive PDF Viewer is more straight forward and is based on a library I’m already familiar with from the Web side of things.

Glad I was able to help!!

Daniel Brittain Dugger

Founder

Bail Bond Software Solutions

615.405.4589 mobile

866.201.5079 toll-free