What code language Capacitor runs on?

Hi,

as you may guess, I am new to Capacitor and would like to ask, what coding / programming language Capacitor is based on?

I just would like to know, how wide spread / common those languages are.

Btw, there is a free version, and an enterprise version?
How do I know what I am eligable for…
I mean, I am now here for private interest, but what if one day I could have a successful app?
Am I then ‘forced’ to subscribe to enterprise plans…?

Thanks very much
Andy

If u want to known the internals of Capacitor u may want to check it on github GitHub - ionic-team/capacitor: Build cross-platform Native Progressive Web Apps for iOS, Android, and the Web ⚡️

Capacitor scaffolds your app on android in java and on ios objective c (?). From thereon you are fully in control

I reckon if u built your awesome app with with these tools, u don’t run risk suddenly having to pay when u start monetizing yourself

1 Like

Thanks for your great answer.

So it is right, using capacitor to turn my web app into a mobile app does not cost my anything, right?

thx

U dont need to pay the ionic team nor me - that part is correct

:crazy_face:

Yes! Capacitor is Open Source and licensed under the MIT license, which basically means you can do whatever you want with it! It is free to use!

The Android portion is built with Java
The iOS portion is built with Swift

But all you need to do is build your web app with whatever web tools you want and we handle the hard, native stuff for you.

2 Likes