What are you building with Ionic? We want to know!

Just following up on my last post asking for testers. youmeyou is released, so feel free to go straight to the App Store to download: http://appsto.re/us/TxnM4.i

youmeyou lets you quickly re-create a moment to share with your friends. http://youmeyou.us

Hello everyone,

For the past months, weā€™ve been working on our project : Viceversa ı Help people make choices
Tonight, weā€™re releasing the android version of our app that we hope youā€™ll enjoy as much as we do

ā€œWhere should we go for dinner?ā€

ā€œShould I buy those shoes?ā€

ā€œWhat should I wear for my interview tomorrow?ā€

We all have decisions to make and with Viceversa youā€™ll never be alone to face your choices again!
Ask questions and watch the whole world help you by voting for the choice they think is best for you!
Want to make a surprise gift? Ask a personal question? No problem! Add your friends, and ask them for their opinion privately.

Thanks to Ionic, and this really awesome community! Donā€™t hesitate to give us feedback here or at hello@viceversa.io

Have a great day!

6 Likes

Amazing looking app, really looking forward to it.

To everyone else: you rock. Honestly, you all are better Ionic developers than we are! :blush:

Keep it up! I love seeing this stuff.

4 Likes

Hi Ionic fans,

I have been using Ionic to build an online math game called NumberTap.
A realtime, continuous mental calculation tournament!
Keep your brain sharp by honing your skills in this number tapping maths frenzy.

Its available on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows Store and Firefox OS.

1 Like

Just a thought but would it be possible to manage the apps submitted in the show case ? The screenshots for exemple and adding ios or Android version ? Maybe, but later a rating or comment feature ! :smile:

And thanks to you guys for building such an excellent framework that allows us to build incredible stuff. Iā€™ve used a ton of other mobile frameworks, including Sencha and jQuery Mobile etc., but Ionic seems to have that magical something that just makes sense and makes trying out ideas a lot more intuitive.

No small exception is the great community around it here and on StackOverflow and on various AngularJS forums etc. I find this thread as well as the official Ionic showcase really inspirational. Keep those apps coming!

2 Likes

I wrote a tool called ClassTime for interfacing with GeorgiaTechā€™s classroom management system, so students could easily get their assignments and announcements. Itā€™s still in development/beta, but you can see my pitch video from last semester here: http://cic.gatech.edu/fall-2014/winners

(itā€™s ā€¦ not a very good video)

Ionic is pretty much my ā€œgo toā€ framework for anything mobile nowadays.

Aertv is a service for watching live TV online here in Ireland. Yesterday we release our long awaited Android app which was built with Ionic. Developing with Ionic meant we could bring the project in house and get something shipped much faster.

See Aertv on Google Play.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @max , it means a lot coming from you, and weā€™re thrilled to have you in our waiting list ( also a big thank you to the awesome @Ben )

We hope youā€™ve tried the android version of our app, weā€™ve spent a lot of time on making it as smooth as possible and will release a bunch of tutorial on what weā€™ve learned on the forum soon!

Have a great day, you guys rock

1 Like

Iā€™m making a food delivery app for a high profile restaurant in NYC.

HI!

Iā€™m quite excited to introduce a personal project. Itā€™s called Overstand, letā€™s say that is an app that allows you to go far beyond from understanding, it letā€™s you chat with people from different countries, while everyone is writing in their own language. A simultaneous translation app.

Itā€™s in very Beta, but I made it as a holidays project. I wanted to build a product from 0 in no more than 4-5 days, I took care of the branding, the concept, an hipothetical monetization path, the marketing website and of course the development of the app!

Itā€™s now available for Android, as a web app and is on the way to the iTunes store.

Check it out here: http://www.overstand.io/

I have a long list of features Iā€™d like to add, some of them:

• A signup system in order to have private chat rooms
  • Push notifications
  • A better inviting system
  • Some kind of contacts sync
  • Adding some js localization
  • Some UI enhancements ( date time on every message, identify users with colorsā€¦ )

What do you think guys?

3 Likes

What you use for your backend?

Thanks for your interest! For our backend with used Parse combined with Pusher!

Thank to all of you for your interest in Viceversa, youā€™ve been amazing!

Last weekend I built an app with friends, the users just share their geolocation anonymously with their Facebook friends, it was cool to learn about Google Maps and Facebook Login.

Using ngCordova, Google analytics, Maps, Facebook, Toast sometimes.

Only available for Android right now, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.nwhere

It may be available on App Store next week (It was built in two days, it may have a lot of bugs)

We are thinking about some feature to add, weā€™d love feedback :slight_smile:

Thanks

Iā€™ve made iSpot, checkout the android version : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frnchnrd.citygram , the ios version need some tweaking before itā€™s approved by apple :frowning: .
Urgh such a pain dealing with appleā€™s rulesā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the insights

Could you elaborate maybe on what apple issues youā€™re having? Itā€™s always nice to have some ideas with hybrid apps on what theyā€™re picky about. And the app by the way looks beautiful!

Currently working on my new startup Brownie Points App, not yet released but should be popular once that happens ā€œFingers crossedā€

Could you maybe share some of the things that Apple is looking for?

Max and the Ionic Team -

Firstly, Iā€™m a massive fan, and I wouldnā€™t be where I am today without this framework. Iā€™m a one man show that runs a craftbeer app called beersmash. The app is really a crowd sourced beer mapping engine, and a social platform for pubs, brewers and beers.

Little backstoryā€¦
Iā€™m coming from the Appcelerator / Titanium (Ti) platform which I thought used to be the shiz 3-4 years ago, but as that platform got more and more technical, bloated and SLOW I started looking for options. I initially released to the app stores with a Ti build but as I wanted to build more features into my app, the framework didnā€™t work, without more experience and time.

Where I saved time with Ionic

1. Angular JS - not only is it a productive framework itā€™s well documented and lots of resources are available if you get stuck, Ti alloy is a wanna be MVC that is slow and just not as productive as Angular JS.

2. Side Menu Slider - I think people might take this for granite but building this is no fun and I did it with Ti and I have to say, the ionic slider is much better performance wise and usability wise than any thing I did or saw on Ti.

3. Item option - Wow! this is one of the coolest things in the framework and it sold me immediately when I saw it. I had spent days trying to do this in Ti working with animations, easingsā€¦ it was a colossal nightmare, I achieved this in less than 5 minutes by marking up the ion-option and viola. Brilliant!

4. Pull to refresh - Another one of those necessary items in mobile apps and once again building from scratch totally sucks, this feature is awesome

5. ionicLoading - just well done, love the features to hide and show. Dead Simple!

Iā€™ve read lots of good posts on why ionic kicks ass, but for me, its about productivity. I was able to achieve things that I just couldnā€™t do in Ti (maybe because of skill set or time), either way Ionic saved me and breathed some life back into my hobby.

Cheers!

Just a few photos of my app.

1 Like