Web App - Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Hi
I am new to Ionic so please bear with me. I have developed a web app using ionic recently and uploaded this to Google Play store. This is primarily a 360° Panoramic image with other features loaded into it for showcasing an interior of an apartment.

This plays quite well on all tablets and smartphones. However, I recently had an issue with this not playing on Samsung Galaxy Tab E. I am not very sure what this issue is. In other forums, I have read that there are issues with Chrome browser on WebGL and CSS3D.

My question is :
When my app calls a browser to play the Panorama, which browser does it call.
Is there a way I can control the app selecting a browser.
I know this might sound crazy – but does the app call a browser at all?

Any inputs on this would be welcome. If I am not clear on what I wish to convey, please let me know. You could also check out the app in Play store to get an idea of what I am talking of.

BR.
GP

Cordova apps use the stock browser. The stock browser implementations differ per vendor, that might explain different results for a specific device although Android version might be the same as on other devices. You could integrate crosswalk and use a very specific version of Chrome browser and bundle it with your app. Then your are sure you are dealing with exactly the same browser implementation on all devices.

Wow Tom
that was a very fast and specific response. Thanks for that. Will try and understand crosswalk and see how I can use this. BTW, one quick question:
By bundling the browser with my app, would it substantially increase the app size? I am currently trying to restrict this size below 20mb.
If so, is there any other work around? eg: Can the app connect to a supplementaty file and download the browser if the browser is not found on the android device?

Rgds
GP

Yes, there will be an increase in filesize. How much I don’t know. Search this forum for crosswalk and learn about integration or try to determine android version and stock browser version for this specific device.

Many Thanks.
This issue has been now resolved with crosswalk.

Rgds
GP

Hi
I had resolved the problem with Galaxy Tab E by adding croswwalk to the app before release. However, I notice that now the app asks my customers to download crosswalk project runtime app!!!. With Crosswalk my app has increased in size already. Now with the download of the runtime app, I am not sure my customers are willing to go the extra mile on this. And now its Two apps vs One earlier.

Any suggestions on the work around

Rgds
GP