V3.19.1 plugin remove causes error everytime

This happens everytime I remove a plugin. It doesn’t matter if I am forcing it or just doing a regular removal. But I get the same error every time on every plugin.

What is causing this?

ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-geolocation --force
> cordova plugin remove cordova-plugin-geolocation --force --save
The plugin 'cordova-plugin-geolocation' is required by (cordova-plugin-fastrde-checkgps) but forcing removal

Uninstalling cordova-plugin-geolocation from android

Android Studio project detected
Removing "cordova-plugin-geolocation"

"cordova-plugin-geolocation" is required by (cordova-plugin-fastrde-checkgps) but forcing removal.

(node:11748) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.EXE submodule update -q --init --recursive
npm ERR! fatal: 'submodule' appears to be a git command, but we were not
npm ERR! able to execute it. Maybe git-submodule is broken?
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\rolin\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-02-17T22_21_31_422Z-debug.log

Have you tried to remove cordova-plugin-fastrde-checkgps first?

Oddly, I chose to create this topic quoting the cordova-plugin-fastrde-checkgps plugin - that plugin breaks due to a dependency on a specific version of cordova-plugin-clipboard - i forked that master plugin and edited the dependencies and now it installs just fine.

That being said, I still get ionic cordova plugin rm cordova-plugin-<pluginName> errors on ANY plugin I try to remove…If I simply do cordvoa plugin rm cordova-plugin-<pluginName> it removes just fine.

I think the cordova command should work fine. Just check if it was removed from your package.json and your config.xml.