Using <ion-input> in ionic 7 with Vue 3 with v-model.lazy seems to be ignoring the .lazy

I’m not sure if this is just me Or if this is not supported in ion-input
my code is something like this:

<script setup lang="ts">
import { ref } from 'vue'
import { IonInput } from '@ionic/vue';
const input = ref({
    username: '',
    password: ""
})
</script>

<template>
<form>
<ion-input label="Username" label-placement="stacked" v-model.lazy="input.username" type="text" fill="outline" id="username" name="username" required class="ion-text-left"></ion-input>
<ion-input label="Password" label-placement="stacked" v-model.lazy="input.password" type="password" fill="outline" id="password" name="password" required class="ion-text-left"></ion-input>
</form>
        <p>Username is: {{input.username}}</p>
        <p>Password is: {{input.password}}</p>
</template>

There’s a lot more to it but that is the basic. The way I understand v-model.lazy is that the input.username or input.password value should not be updated until the field input is complete and focus is blurred like an on update. Unlike v-model where the value is update in real time as you type.

With the above code I can watch the values of the input… variables update as I type into the field in real time like I do with v-model. With v-model.lazy I would expect the value not to change until I am done inputting into the field and focus off of it.

Is v-model.lazy not supported in ion-input, am I doing something wrong, or am I misinterpreting how v-model.lazy works?

Thank you for any feed back