Unquotted attribute value when build on mac machine

I am facing build error on mac. I tried deleting all the node_modules in /usr/local/bin/node_modules/ionic and reinstalling it again.
I have npm version 3.10.8, cordova version 6.3.1, ionic 1.7.6
Same build is working on windows machine with ionic build android command

ionic build ios
Error happened [Error: Unquoted attribute value
Line: 1
Column: 46
Char: β€œ]
Error: Unquoted attribute value
Line: 1
Char: β€œ
at error (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:642:8)
at strictFail (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:662:22)
at Object.write (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/xml2js/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:1241:11)
at Parser.exports.Parser.Parser.parseString (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:403:31)
at Parser.parseString (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:6:61)
at Object.exports.parseString (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/xml2js/lib/xml2js.js:433:19)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/ionic-app-lib/lib/config-xml.js:23:12
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/node_modules/ionic-app-lib/node_modules/ionic-cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/graceful-fs/graceful-fs.js:76:16
at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:380:3)

This error can be related to some of the plugin you are using in IOS. To figure it out try removing one plugin at a time and recompile.

cordova plugin remove plugin -name
Parsing /App/config.xml failed
Error: Unquoted attribute value
Line: 0
Char: β€œ
same while removing plugin. even when I remove the first line <?xml?>, it start saying line 0 first it was line 1. don’t know same config works on windows.

1 Like

This issue is solved. When you work on mac don’t open config.xml in TextEdit, it replaces " with something other ". so use Xcode editor to change files. Otherwise it will be hell to solve the issues.

I accidentally delete double quotes in the config.xml file. I restored the double quotes