The life without Ionic

Not at all.
And not seeing @Tommertom as a moderator. Neither you.
And my reason to complain is not visible on this post.
And I’m not complaining for any unanswered question.
And I didn’t paid nobody for asking my questions.
And still feel have real reasons to complain.
And I’m not mad, but frustrated. Sad maybe. :pensive:
And last: while staring at the finger, maybe we’ll not see the moon.

PS:

Maybe you inverted the terms and should not post a discount after a calm demand.
Even so, I’ll try to :wink: :wink:

1 Like

https://ionic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=632048

Official support

1 Like

I can’t be more grateful on you this time @Tommertom.

We have already visited this page but It seemed to us it was more about service terms than on technical questions. The link from ionicframework main site support section states so:

Using Ionic Services
Have questions about what Ionic has to offer or how to use our services? Ask us about it.

I can’t neither see an option appropriate to a tech question on first dropdown items.

Support section of Ionic main site offers other links more likely to issues, questions or doubts about the tool. We used the most of them: Community Forum, StackOverflow, Bug report, FAQ’s and Resources.

I will keep updated the process with Ionic Official Support resources on the issue being reported and leave “The life without Ionic” post free from off-topic information. If anyone is interested on that progress this is the link to that issue: Ionic View and Ionic DevApp can’t use file and file-path cordova plugins

Hey there! So this thread got busy! :smile:

Just wanted to address some comments made here.

Ionic has this forum and our worldwide Slack channel for support. We are a small team, so we are thankful for our wonderful community members that help out on both. If you find a bug or issue that is not related to using the framework, Github is the correct place to report them. Stackoverflow is also a more community driven effort, and we aren’t able to devote as much time to monitoring posts there as we’d like.

For paid product support, there’s a top level link to the paid support channels,

Now on to the rest of this thread.

As we’ve stated in our most recent blog post, we’ve been spending the last few months rewriting Ionic’s core to use raw web components, so you could use Ionic with Angular, but also frameworks like Vue or Preact.

This means that while we haven’t been pushing 3.x releases, we have still been fixing many bugs and closing outstanding issues as part of 4.0 (which is now in master). This has been the result of many months of hard work to reduce load times, make framework development easier, and open up Ionic to work with more frameworks.

One of the big wins with this, is that performance in apps has significantly improved. This is the result of much smaller code modules, and also faster/lazily loading components out of the box.

This also allowed us to rework our process for managing issues and make sure we’re handling them better. Having a bot mark issues that need a response as “triage” is a way for us to track them better when they come in. We will be devoting some time in the near future to cleaning up issues.

I’m going to lock this as this has gotten off-topic and heated, but if you have concerns with anything I’ve stated please feel free to reach out to me directly at mike at ionic dot io or on the worldwide Slack

3 Likes