Steps for a CI build in Visual Studio Team Services?

I’ve got an app I’d like to start publishing, but I want to leverage a continuous integration build from the start. I have access to Visual Studio Team Services (their online hosting, issue mgmt & build service), so I’d like to try that first. Has anyone created, or know of, a description of how to set up the full ionic build in VSTS?

I’m working my way through it, but am getting stuck when trying to run cordova itself. There is a “cordova build” step template available, but it’s failing for me with this:

Task : Cordova Build
Description : Build a hybrid app project based on the Cordova CLI, Ionic CLI, TACO CLI, or other Cordova-compliant CLI
Version : 1.3.11
Author : Microsoft Corporation
Help : More Information

Module cache at C:\cordova\node_modules
cordova@6.0.0 already installed.
Module cache at C:\cordova\node_modules
cordova@6.0.0 already installed.
Adding support plugin.
Subproject Path: CordovaLib
Processing res/native for android
TypeError: cordovaProject.projectConfig.getFileResources is not a function
at updateFileResources (d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\lib\prepare.js:408:46)
at d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\lib\prepare.js:51:9
at _fulfilled (d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:854:54)
at self.promiseDispatch.done (d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:883:30)
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:816:13)
at d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:624:44
at runSingle (d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
at flush (d:\a\1\s\source\ionic\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:67:7)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)

Did you ever get a working CI build? Currently trying to do the same and running into issues with the .p12 certificate for iOS app

Nope, never made any progress on this and eventually shipped my app manually. I really don’t do enough releases to warrant spending more time on this, but it’d be very nice it it worked.

Ended up getting a build working if you’re still interested. Ran into issues with it fetching cordova-ios when creating the iOS platform, so I might have additional tasks you might not need. But I set up a basic CI build that pulls from the repo our project is in and uses team services hosted macOS as the build agent. For the tasks I first run an npm task on the project folder that just does “npm install”. Then I added another npm task that runs “npm install npm@latest” to fix my issue with cordova-ios. Then I added an ionic task that runs “cordova platform build ios”. Still need to add an xcode task to build/generate the ipa file for deployment but that can be in the release definition.

Let me know if that helps!