Splashscreen timeout on ios

Hi, i am looking for an easy way to increase the time of showing the splashscreen on app-start.
On my iphone5 i see the splashscreen for a very short time.
Any ideas?

Disable the auto-hide of the splash screen and add timeout manually.

just to add to this, make sure you add the splash screen plugin as well

$ ionic plugin add org.apache.cordova.splashscreen

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I am having the same issue. I followed the instructions [here (learn.ionicframework.com/splashscreen)][1] and couldn’t get the delay to work. I added the AutoHideSplashScreen False pref to config.xml but it still disappeared after approximately 1 second.

I added ngCordova successfully and the cordova splashscreen plugin. There is now a spinner showing on the splashscreen so I am getting somewhere.

I added the following code to the top of my app.js (adding it to the bottom made my app crash)

var app = angular.module('starter', ['ionic', 'ngCordova'])
app.run(function($cordovaSplashscreen) {
  setTimeout(function() {
    $cordovaSplashscreen.hide()
  }, 5000)
})

It is still only showing for a second at the most. Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong here?
[1]: http://learn.ionicframework.com/formulas/splash-screen/#

Update: Opened my app again this morning and it seems to be working ok now. No changes. If the app has been closed properly and not opened for a few minutes the splash screen and spinner stay longer as required. Opening again straight after the splashscreen stays on for a second.