Some features in my Android APK don't work but they work fine when I use ionic run android

I am having issues with geolocation functionality in my Android release. The app works fine when I test it on my device using ionic run android and when using ionic serve. The app requires location services to be on, if they are not it throws an error, if they are it sends the user’s position to my api and that api tells the user if they are in bounds or not. That works perfectly fine in those two modes.

However, my signed APK that I released to the app store is unable to grab the location. When location services are turned off it throws the correct error, however, when location services are on it is never able to grab the user’s location and the geolocation function never times out so it goes on infinitely.

I have absolutely no clue why this is only happening in the release build when it works properly on the same device when I use ionic run android.

If anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated. I will provide any code additonal you may think is necessary.