[SOLVED] *ngFor child-module error

Hello fam,

I’m currently having a really confusing problem regarding the use of *ngFor. I have imported my CommonsModule in my child module file and I’m pretty sure my spelling and syntax is okay: *ngFor="category of loadedCategories". But right off of Visual Studio I’m getting the following error:

Property binding ngFor not used by any directive on an embedded template. Make sure that the property name is spelled correctly and all directives are listed in the "@NgModule.declarations".Angular
Can't bind to 'ngFor' since it isn't a known property of 'ion-card'.
1. If 'ion-card' is an Angular component and it has 'ngFor' input, then verify that it is part of this module.
2. If 'ion-card' is a Web Component then add 'CUSTOM_ELEMENTS_SCHEMA' to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component to suppress this message.
3. To allow any property add 'NO_ERRORS_SCHEMA' to the '@NgModule.schemas' of this component

The app does finish compiling but on execution I get the same error on my devtools console. Kindly help out.

Ordinarily one would write:

*ngFor=“let category of loadedCategories”

…does that change have any effect?

@rapropos Good Lord I’ve got to stop writing code till 4 am!! I was completely missing that. Thank you Sir!