Social sharing empty?

I have had social sharing in my app for a while now but when i tested it today It would only share an empty message.

When i click on the share button it shows the ‘shareWithOptions’ window and i can select an option. If i choose for example Facebook I get an empty ‘content/share field’ in Facebook where I can type in. So the url doesn’t get put in the message.

import {Component} from '@angular/core';
import {NavParams} from 'ionic-angular';
import {SocialSharing} from '@ionic-native/social-sharing';
import {Network} from '@ionic-native/network';

// Providers
import {DataService} from '../../providers/data.service';

// Moment.js
import * as moment from 'moment';

@Component({
    selector: 'page-news-detail',
    templateUrl: 'news-detail.html'
})

export class NewsDetail {

sharingOptions: object = {
        url: 'http://www.google.nl'
    };

constructor(public navParams: NavParams, private dataService: DataService, private socialSharing: SocialSharing, public network: Network) {
        this.getData();
        this.watchForReconnectAfterDisconnect();
    }

/**
     * Opens the share sheet.
     */
    sharePost() {
        this.socialSharing.shareWithOptions(this.sharingOptions);
    } 
}

html

<ion-header no-border>
    <ion-navbar>
        <ion-buttons end>
            <button ion-button icon-only (click)="sharePost()" color="dark" clear>
                <ion-icon class="share-icon" name="share-alt"></ion-icon>
            </button>
        </ion-buttons>
    </ion-navbar>
</ion-header>

<ion-content class="has-header has-footer">
</ion-content>```

Really not sure about it but if I understand what you mean, I would say, it’s correct like this. I think that Facebook and Instragram discarded the ability to apps to prefill the text of the sharing dialog

See GitHub - EddyVerbruggen/SocialSharing-PhoneGap-Plugin: 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨 Cordova plugin to share text, a file (image/PDF/..), or a URL (or all three) via the native sharing widget

4a. Usage on iOS and Android

Facebook Android: sharing a message is not possible. You can share either a link or an image (not both), but a description can not be prefilled…

Sorry maybe the word message was confusing. i’m using the url parameter. I read everywhere that url is allowed on facebook. But even if i share to e-mail i still get an empty content field…

Well then in such a case, same for me…but as far as I reckon, not sure but, the url was for me never parsed in the msg