SideMenu works durning live load(ionic serve), but stops opening after doing 'ionic build'

Any thoughts what I should be looking for? I have a sideMenu default project that still works, but I’m not seeing any differences to indicate what is missing or what I’ve done wrong. NOTE: my project was ‘converted’ from Ionic2 beta xx to Ionic2 RC… Thank you for any assistance.

This is the app.html:

<ion-menu side="left" [content]="content" right>
  <ion-header>
    <ion-toolbar>
      <ion-title>Menu</ion-title>
    </ion-toolbar>
  </ion-header>
  <ion-content>
    <ion-list>
      <button menuClose ion-item *ngFor="let p of pages" (click)="openPage(p)">
        <span *ngIf="localizedStrings">{{localizedStrings[p.key]}}</span>
      </button>
    </ion-list>
  </ion-content>
</ion-menu>

<ion-nav [root]="rootPage" #content swipeBackEnabled="false"></ion-nav>

I’m having a similar issue. It works when I build it for Android but not on iOS. I’m targeting a iPod running iOS 10 but the deploy build is iOS 8. Is your issue on iOS? I’m running ionic 2.1.1 (ie RC1).

Sorry for delay, had to jump on different project. Yes, I am using iOS so far and running RC1. Additionally the menu fails in emulation testing and on a device(all iOS).

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 6.3.1
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-beta.11
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.1
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.1
ios-deploy version: 1.8.6
ios-sim version: 5.0.8
Node Version: v6.7.0
Xcode version: Xcode 8.1 Build version 8B62

I finally deployed for testing to an Android and the sideMenu is not working there either. It has something to do with ‘ionic build’ because if I just restart the live server ‘ionic serve’ that build process works fine in Safari and Chrome… Any thoughts, please?

I’m guessing Ionic team may have made a change, as sideMenu is working with live server, Android and iOS. I don’t recall making any change that would have fixed this, but I have continued to do ionic updates.