Scroll to the focused item input when the keyboard is up

Just so people know, we are actively working on fixing keyboard issues!

8 Likes

Em… i even can not reach that… I wanna how to do it

I know that Ionic Keyboard Plugin was released but I am still having problems with the keyboard obscuring inputs. I have installed the Ionic KB plugin, manually set the ionic.Platform.isFullScreen = true, etc. What should I do?

Hi Guys,

I run into this issue today as well. I run it on iPhone and accessing this as normal webpage . I have a few fields and when I get focus on the lowest one its not scrolled up and keyboard is on top of it.
But as soon as I start typing it scrolls up.

Any IDEA ? I am running latest ionic **.-12

Frank

same problem here. it scroll to the right place when i start typing

Any word on this issue? I was able to write my own using ng-focus and anchorScroll, but now the Cursor hangs in the middle of the screen! Similar to this issue.

are you using ionic keyboard plugin?
have you set correct configration:
http://ionicframework.com/docs/api/page/keyboard/

Read the android and ios notes!..

And if you have ionic javascript scrolling disabled -> it would not work.

1 Like

I am using the plugin I have set cordova.plugins.Keyboard.disableScroll(true), because of the crazy bouncing it causes in ios8. My attempt to write my own scroll to input is so close to working except for this weird cursor issue…

I am also facing the same issue. I tried disabling the native scroll, but still no use.
I can’t even scroll when the keyboard is open. It gets stuck both in iOS and android devices, which is too strange. Can some one help me on this. Because of this i can’t enter the data properly in any form.
I am using ionic v1.0.0

Same problem here.

<ion-content scroll="true" padding="false">

there are at least 10 fields in the form.
When the keyboard is show I cannot scroll the form.
To insert data in the following field I have to close the keyboard, go to the next field, and insert.

I was also facing the same issue. I have removed the overflow-scroll=true from the ion-content tag. And it solved my issue.

1 Like

@rajeshwarpatlolla thanks! This worked for me.

Disabling native scrolling worked for me :smile:

Can we on and off the scrolling based on page to page.
for example i have main page where i want native scrolling and i have add page where i want js scrolling can we do that if so please tell how? @bengtler @adam @Calendee

I have to disabled overflow-scroll=true in ion-content as @rajeshwarpatlolla said, but also changed scroll to true: scroll="true".

Now it’s work for me.

I was experiencing a similar issue. jumpy scroll and when you focus on some input while the keyboard is up, the scroll will be erratic and pushes the target input out of the viewport (under header bar).

Just disableScroll didn’t help. It did fix the jumpy scroll but I was still having issues with erratic scrolling on long forms when you tap on input while the keyboard is up.

To fix this, I additionally had to do

.config(function($ionicConfigProvider){
  $ionicConfigProvider.scrolling.jsScrolling(false);
})

Not sure why this was required after disabling scroll.
Hope this helps.

I still have this issue with ionic 1.2.1.

Did someone find the solution ?

My content tag is:

<ion-content scroll="true" class="has-subheader" padding="true">

Thanks

How did you fix it. Can you elaborate please. Thanks

Iam unable to use two scrollers in single form using ionic.can you provide how to use multi scrollers

Hi Tim,

Is there any update on this issue ?