Scaffolding Ionic on top of AngularJS + Bootstrap Desktop App

Hey All,

First of all, I want to say that the Ionic framework looks amazing and I can’t wait to incorporate it into my app. I looked through the Ionic forums and couldn’t find a similar question so wanted to bring up my situation to the community in case this can be beneficial to others in the future. My friend and I have built an AngularJS app w/ Bootstrap (for desktop, but mobile optimized) and have scaffolded it in the following way: http://gyazo.com/189fd7e031f2fe481e07718a7af49d12. I was wondering if there was a clever way to scaffold our app and incorporate Ionic such that if a user were to access our site via desktop they would see our desktop templates that we’ve already built, but if they came in through a mobile app or mobile browser they would see the Ionic version of our app.

Would appreciate any insight from the Ionic community. Thanks so much!

-Peter

I’m pretty sure the most efficient way to do this will be to serve different content based on the device context. It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a better way as it was the reason I didn’t go with Ionic with the next iteration of our app, which needs to work on both desktop and mobile. You may be able to get a little reuse, but perhaps not a great amount.

The alternative (which I considered) is to just do an Ionic app and do some things to make it work for desktop. Last time I read, Ionic does not advise doing this.

Thanks for the reply! I ended up putting all my services into a separate repo and making a repo for our ionic app and one for our angularjs app and having those two repos use the services repo as a submodule.