Qr Code reader good and cheap

Hi guys.

I’m using the Ionic framework to develop an App for iOS, Android and Windows Phone, and one of the its features is based on a QR Code reader. I’m currently using the PhoneGap Plugin BarcodeScanner as the QR Code reader but it’s definitely far from what I need, once its success rate is about 10%.

I´ve searched for more effective readers, and the only options I found are paid SDKs. I’ve no problems with paying for the tool, but the problem is that I couldn’t find anyone that fits on my needs. As a start-up, I’m keen to pay as download volumes grow, but I just could find alternatives charging per platform and based on huge initial volumes. For example, I could find a provider that charges US$ 999 per platform for 25,000 devices, what results in US$ 2,997. Paying US$ 0,12 per device is not the end of the world (although I’d like to have other options), but US$ 2,997 in advance doesn’t make any sense for me.

Having said that, I’m looking for help to find more affordable choices that provide me an “acceptable” success rate for a reasonable price. Does anybody have experienced anything like this or have any guidance on how I can find alternatives.

Kind regards.