Possible to use Chrome for Windows Platform?

Howdy, gals and guys…

So… This one is coming out of left field, so bare with me…

I’ve been working on some Ionic applications - a suite of interoperating, specific use apps… Originally, we were targeting iOS and Android only - and life was good… Well, as our projects evolved as projects tend to do, our targets moved… While we are good on Android and iOS, we are now also seeking to target Windows 8.1 - on a Surface…

Of course, despite looking like a ‘tablet’, a Surface is actually more akin to a traditional laptop - with full blown, regular old Windows 8.1…

We’ve had a lot of success porting to Windows, but it’s required a bit of hackery and modification since IE is at the heart of it all on Windows… We have also explored targeting the Browser Platform, in which case things ‘just work’ a bit better since we’re able to run from Chrome specifically… Additionally, we’ve found means to smooth out some of the rough edges using Electron to wrap our Ionic applications - but still, it feels/is a bit hacky…

What I’d optimally like to do is use something like Crosswalk when targeting the Windows platform - so that we can embed a specific version of Chrome for use in our Windows app instead of being forced to rely on IE out of the box…

Does anyone know if this is possible - to somehow embed Chrome for Windows builds rather than relying on IE? If so, can you share how you’ve gone about accomplishing this? I’ve researched quite a bit and have done quite a bit of experimentation (as is likely evident that we’re currently wrapping with Electron for Windows), but I am coming up short on this…

I know that I’m somewhat trying to force a round peg in a square hole, but I’d really like to get a more similar/identical look/feel/codebase for our Windows targets…

Thanks in advance!
-Matt