Popup like twitter [important] please

Hi smart guys!

If someone have an idea how to do this I will really OWN YOU!!! (so desperate)

I reproduced my issue here: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/HKDgq

As you can see I have:

1. collection of statuses
  2. each status can have picture
  3. each status can have long text
  4. problem
  5. infinite scroll
  6. ui-sref

I am working on poker project where pictures are very important because usually the pictures are about graphs where are very small numbers. Also the statuses can be pretty long.

WHAT I NEED TO DO? Open a single status. Display the picture as clearly as possible.

My current idea: (as in twitter app)
I would display a list of statuses (shorter like now) without picture but with some link like: “open picture”.
When user would click on it a popup (customized to full width, height of the screen) would appear. The same would happened when user would like to display the status in single view (to read longer texts).

Issues:
I can’t use ui-sref for new view because if I will do so and then I will click on back button the whole infinite scroll position will be lost and the whole content will be reloaded. So I decided to use popup which never looses position BUT:

Using popup is horrible as the performance are bad when I am trying to scroll something in my phone it lags).
In popup I can’t zoom, when using phone using gestures, the picture.

How would you do it?
How twitter does it ?

PROBLEM 1: Twitter nicely open the picture in full screen. IN THAT FULL SCREEN I AM ABLE TO ZOOM PICTURE and then when I tap back button the picture simple closes itself.

PROBLEM 2: In twitter when I click on some tweet it opens into new view but when I click back I am in exactly that place when I was before opening single view. No refresh content, no losing position.

I am looking for the best solution for this problem.