Popup close from code?

Hi, did the update to aplha.42 made changes to popup service? i’m getting some errors since the update, could you point me to the changelog?.

Hi @brandyshea i tough in another solution for my issue, what i think i would end up doing is letting the 2nd alert popup stack over the busy popup and when the alert one closes then i activate a timeout to close the popup so the alert one closes itself and then it closes the one stacked behind, at least is more stable than before playing with the timeouts.

@brandyshea i’m trying to update the code from popup to Alert, now there’s a few changes that i don’t like:

1. Now we need to use the navController to push the Alert to the navStack, since i have an injectable i have issues with DI with navController, now i’m forced to pass a navController instance to the function that instantiates the Alert to use.
  2. Still dependant on time to close, now the timeout is needed because the Alert is presented, but the close is made with pop which doesn’t work if the Alert hasn’t been already pushed.
  3. Just in case is there a way to close it using the reference made when creating the Alert?

The # 1 is not as big deal as the close thing that becomes unstable depending of devise if we need to close it fast.

Sorry I have been off. Adam is working on refactoring the NavController, if you don’t have an open issue for this, can you submit one with all of your feedback? Thanks :slight_smile:

Submit Issue Form

Already done with a better explanation of the issues with alpha.49, relate to: https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/issues/5095