Please help test: Angular 1.3, improved transitions, cached views (repost)

Hi,

I am a issue with tabs generated with nested ng-repeat: first tab is not selected and tab content seems random.

See the Pen NPNNmG by Vitantonio Rifino (@vrifino) on CodePen.

Is it a known issue? Any solution?

@vrifino Sorry, but creating static tabs with an ng-repeat, with each one having a nested ng-repeat, is not something weā€™re going to support in this release.

All: I just updated nightly to use Angular UI-Router v0.2.13, as of build 889 (previously Ionic used v0.2.10). Iā€™ve ran it through all 860 unit tests along with testing on our internal apps. Additionally, Angular has been updated to v1.3.6 and everything is working swimmingly. However, assistance from the community to help test these upgrades for the beta14 release would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

Adam. I have tried this newer version. This did not fix my state provider issues.

I have copied an email with my code for mike and perry on the ionic irc. I can forward you my code. But the synopsis is this.

The user logs in my app. goes to the product search tab. makes a searchā€¦ and gets results for their search. The back button to the initial search page here is now gone. If you open a product in the result pageā€¦ and hit a detail of that product to see stocking/pricing/accessories. Stock check is the only state that now works when clicking this. Previously all three worked. There are three states there depending on the product. Accessories, stock, pricing. All should go back to the result page and previously did in the beta 13 release. All of which either i cant navigate to now using $state.go. or the back buttons do not work if i can navigate and go to different views.

All of which worked in beta 13. I can provide testing/code views if you wish.

i just deleted the lib folder and ran bower install and Iā€™m still get the same error

Iā€™m getting the same error with the latest nightly.

I have same error after updating sass. (Sass 3.4.9 (Selective Steve)) with latest nightly 895
Final css file is not generating properly.

File contains following error

Error: Base-level rules cannot contain the parent-selector-referencing character ā€˜&ā€™.
on line 127 of scss/ionic/_tabs.scss, in `tabs-backgroundā€™
from line 246 of scss/ionic/_tabs.scss
from line 20 of scss/ionic/ionic.scss
from line 24 of scss/app.scss

There is some kind of problem with the text inside the button on android devices.
In Mikeā€™s codepen with the black and red tabs, inside android, the first button ā€œScientific Factsā€ has a strange behavior. The button transforms in to two ines like:

Scientific
Fact >

and it looks really weird. Is it a bug or is there any way to fix this behaviour?

Thanksā€¦

Thatā€™s great, the down to up transition wasnā€™t good as the left to right animations :slight_smile: thanks for bringing them back!!

Hi, Iā€™m a big fun of ionicframework! Iā€™m really looking forward to beta-14.

But in the nightly-895 build, I found a problem of ion-footer-bar with ion-tabs when it has a class .tabs-top. The footer goes to top of a page.
Here is my codepen.

This is not the case when it was beta-13. codepen
Even nightly-845, there was no problem.

This is a case of the screen being small to small for the text. You can simulate it in codepen if you resize the live view.

Itā€™s not a bug or anything, just how text reflows

@kuwabarahiroshi Fixed in this commit, thanks.

Hey @bluemango, that was renamed since it applies to regular style tabs as well as striped. It was added back in for backwards compatibility though in this commit , thanks

@adam, why ui-router was taken out from bower.json from commit 57cafc600548540b6fb8fa6afc94e32ae250b048 ?
Do we have to include it manually now or it is a bug?

Hey @perry, Im still getting the same issue even with the latest commit.

Error: Base-level rules cannot contain the parent-selector-referencing character '&'.
        on line 127 of www/lib/ionic/scss/_tabs.scss, in `tabs-background'
        from line 246 of www/lib/ionic/scss/_tabs.scss
        from line 20 of www/lib/ionic/scss/ionic.scss
        from line 9 of ./www/scss/vendor.scss
  Use --trace for backtrace.

@cyprusglobe are you compiling the scss using the gulp task?

Just compiled sass and wasnā€™t able to recreate this error

im using grunt, which has worked fine until this commit https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/commit/ae4a3bbd0f0f8fc9687798f5761b0fba1c8dcbd7

my grunt config looks like this

module.exports = function(grunt) {
  grunt.loadNpmTasks('grunt-contrib-sass');
  grunt.loadNpmTasks('grunt-contrib-concat');
  grunt.loadNpmTasks('grunt-contrib-copy');
  grunt.loadNpmTasks('grunt-contrib-watch');

grunt.initConfig({
    sass: {
      vendor: {
        options: {
          style: 'compressed'
        },
        files: {
          './www/css/vendor.css':'./www/scss/vendor.scss'
        }
      },
      style: {
          style: 'compact',
          update: true
        },
        files: {
          './www/css/style.css':'./www/scss/style.scss'
        }
      }
    },
    watch: {
        livereload: true,
        debounceDelay: 2000,
        interval: 500
      },
      sass: {
        files: ['./www/scss/style.scss', './www/*/*.scss'],
        tasks: ['sass:style']
      }
    }
  });

grunt.registerTask('default', ['sass', 'watch']);
}

Thanks @arturokunder, fixed via https://github.com/driftyco/ionic/commit/f63b8c1a8eefdf3ee098f118dab1f2b47b7f1e95

1 Like

Looks like the latest update of the nightly breaks the slidebox completely.

I have a codepen Iā€™ve been checking (based on one of the Ionic codepens) to see how the nightlies affect the slidebox, which our app uses pretty extensively:

@jough this is how the old slidebox worked. You have to set a height on it. We have temporarily removed the new carousel/slidebox since itā€™s not ready yet, so weā€™ve gone back to the existing version.

Try setting

.slider { height: 100%; }

Example here: http://ionicframework.com/tutorials/intro-tutorial/