Performance Issue in IOS13

Can anyone help us. The app performs ok in lower version of IOS but we found a bit of lag/delay issue on our app when we build on IOS13.
Clicking, swiping and other events are triggered delay/late.
Does anyone experience the same?

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 4.10.1
Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.9.6
@ionic/app-scripts : 3.2.4

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.1.0
Cordova Platforms : android 7.1.1, ios 4.5.5, windows 6.0.1
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic 4.1.7, cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 1.2.1, (and 41 other plugins)

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1
ios-deploy : 1.9.4
ios-sim : 8.0.1
NodeJS : v8.11.4
npm : 6.4.1
Xcode : Xcode 11.0 Build version 11A420a

1 Like

I do experience the exact same issue on ios13. And on some screens, the buttons are insensitive. I have to tap on a button several times to hope it works. And the rest of the app is significantly slower. It was working great before ios13.
What can we do?

1 Like

Same problem here! We have a lot of unsatisfied e-mails incoming every day now…
Any solutions yet? I can reproduce it, but I don’t know how to fix it!

I think maybe you should raise an issue here?

I managed to find a workaround to fix the button issue. But it is specific to my app. Post your exact problem, I may be able to help you.
Basically, you can’t do several things at the same time. For example I had a button into an ion-slider. And I had an event fired when the user starts to drag the slider in order to change the css class of some elements. I just got rid of this event, and the button now works ok (slower than before, but it works). I tried to delay the change of the class, it worked but not as good.
Also, I have a screen that shows realtime data, and it simply freezes because the data change too rapidly. So I’m planning to force the frequency the data is changing to something slower.
These solutions are obviously not ideal, because it was working great with ios12.

Hope that helps.

I came up with a solution to this, which I think may help a lot of people. The issue I was having I had also been experiencing on underpowered versions of android before the iOS 13 update. This issue seemed to only happen when someone was repeatedly pressing a button, and the symptom was that numerous button presses were lost. When I changed the listener from ‘click’ to ‘pointerup’ it now all seems to be reacting properly. You now loose the ability to cancel presses by moving your finger away from the button, but having the clicks register is certainly an acceptable compromise in my case.

1 Like

Thanks, for your advice. This solution really help me!..

To give some further advice… The Pointer Events API is actually completely non existent in iOS 12 and earlier. Android support is also a bit touchy. If you are going to use my solution then just make sure to include a polypill, and no worries!

Yes, I check for the platform and versión to choose what event is going to execute the custom method. I test it and every thing work fine…Thanks…

Maybe related to this issue of HammerJS.