Ng-repeat selected option from secondary object/array values matching?

I’m looking to give the selected="selected" value to an <option> in my ng-repeat list based on a secondary variable that I’m creating, which stores the selected option value that was passed previously.

So I have a service that returns var things =[] to populate a select list. I submit the values which then goes to another controller to show detail on your current selection. And when going back to the page (with the select lists) I want to apply the previously submitted values to now be the current selectd item.

I pass the value of the selected list item to the same service and store in var currentparams =[] where my data in currentparams may hold the values from option1 (below) or option2 (not shown but similar treatment) as {"option1":"mythingvalue", "option2":"myotherthingvaluenotshown"}

<select name="option1" data-ng-model="param_thing">
<option data-ng-repeat="thing in things" value="{{thing.id}}" data-ng-bind-html="thing.name"></option>
</select>

So how do I then iterate within that list to compare if the value of {{thing.id}} matches option1:mythingvalue?

I’m sort of half-stuck now as I can set the value on a static list, but not one using ng-repeat.

On a static list, I can just set the $scope.model_name to equal the value of desired selected option in my controller.

View:

<select name="test" data-ng-model="param_test">
        <option value="">-- test select --</option>
        <option value="1">test1</option>
        <option value="2">test2</option>
        <option value="3">test3</option>
      </select>

Ctrl:

$scope.param_test = "2";

Which does indeed set the test2 as the selected option. Great.

HOWEVER on my dynamic list, if I manually set $scope.model_name = "value i want selected" in the controller; it builds the list and doesn’t apply the selected value. (I would assume because ng-repeat is fired after the $scope.model_name = "value", meaning that it wasn’t applied or didn’t exist at the time and is thus ignored one way or the other)

So I’m not quite sure what to do.

How about not setting the model until after the service has returned the values?

MyService.getParams().then(
    function(results) {
        $scope.items = results;
    }
)

.then is not an available function

The only place I’ve ever been able to use .success, .error or .then is on an $http.get()

if .then is not an available function, then your service is not returning a promise. If you don’t need a promise, then just do this:

$scope.items = MyService.getParams();

Did you ever figure this out?