Newbie - error

Hi,

I just ran the initial steps to create an app (iOS). When I run the emulator, I do not see my startup app icon.

I see the following error in the background:

No target specified for emulator. Deploying to iPhone-6 simulator
2015-03-19 09:06:35.915 ios-sim[4650:300735] stderrPath: /Applications/Workspaces/Personal/Castopia/v0.1/Mobile/ionic/castopia/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
2015-03-19 09:06:35.916 ios-sim[4650:300735] stdoutPath: /Applications/Workspaces/Personal/Castopia/v0.1/Mobile/ionic/castopia/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 “Timed out waiting for device to boot” UserInfo=0x7f7fcca001a0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Timed out waiting for device to boot}
Error code 1 for command: ios-sim with args: launch,/Applications/Workspaces/Personal/Castopia/v0.1/Mobile/ionic/castopia/platforms/ios/build/emulator/castopia.app,–devicetypeid,com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6,–stderr,/Applications/Workspaces/Personal/Castopia/v0.1/Mobile/ionic/castopia/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–stdout,/Applications/Workspaces/Personal/Castopia/v0.1/Mobile/ionic/castopia/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–exit
Error: /Applications/Workspaces/Personal/Castopia/v0.1/Mobile/ionic/castopia/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 2
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:131:23)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:110:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:1008:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:1080:5)

I have exactly the same problem. No answers yet

No target specified for emulator. Deploying to iPhone-6 simulator
2015-04-11 11:47:47.353 ios-sim[15003:5000841] stderrPath: /Users/larpo/m7.entrusters/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
2015-04-11 11:47:47.354 ios-sim[15003:5000841] stdoutPath: /Users/larpo/m7.entrusters/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 “Timed out waiting for device to boot” UserInfo=0x7f901da000c0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Timed out waiting for device to boot}
Error code 1 for command: ios-sim with args: launch,/Users/larpo/m7.entrusters/platforms/ios/build/emulator/m4.entrusters.app,–devicetypeid,com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6,–stderr,/Users/larpo/m7.entrusters/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–stdout,/Users/larpo/m7.entrusters/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–exit
ERROR running one or more of the platforms: Error: /Users/larpo/m7.entrusters/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 2
You may not have the required environment or OS to run this project
cordova process is exiting

I found a fix that works for me. Turns out in my case it was a permissions issue in the project directory. The following two commands sorted me out (replace [user] with your currently logged in user obv:

sudo chown -R [user] /usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova

Then while in the project dir:

sudo chown [user] *

and

sudo chmod -R 777 *

So this is not a “newbie” error. It is a framework error. It appears that many other users are experiencing the same exact problem. This is simply another “gotcha” among the many others. Keep on fightin’. I am, for now…