New Apps iOS 11.0 SDK, Creator builds with 10.3

I exported my app, and then submitted to test flight. Now I get this message.

ERROR ITMS-90725: “SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS ‘10.3’ SDK. All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS ‘11.0’ SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode and rebuild your app.”

Is there a workaround for this? I’m expected to release this app, and figured Ionic would be up to date with Apple’s requirements.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Exact same message for me. Built the app today with latest Ionic Creator and -->

Dear Developer,
We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “FOT 2018”. Please correct the following issues, then upload again.
SDK Version Issue - This app was built with the iOS ‘10.3’ SDK. All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS ‘11.0’ SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode and rebuild your app.
Best regards,
The App Store Team
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any help, workarounds or new versions of Creator I dont know about?

Jim
City of Houston IT

I e-mailed them and they told me that it currently only supported iOS 10 builds. They’re evaluating options for iOS 11 but have no timelines or additional details. They suggested exporting the projects and packaging them locally for iOS.
I don’t know about you, but I’m paying for Creator Pro because of its advertised ability to basically publish directly to the respective App Stores. This seems to be a deal breaker. It’s sad to learn this after I’ve spent months working on the app I tried to publish above. Makes me a bit flustered with their response, as it made me feel like Creator is simply a hobby for them and they’re in no rush to update it to fulfill its advertised capabilities. I don’t personally know how to handle an exported zip beyond the exporting. A how-to document to work around this known “bug” would be very appreciated.

Any news from Ionic?

They sent me a “How to” to export and import into Pro". It really doesnt help me as I need to get something out ASAP.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following article details the steps for exporting of the application from Creator and importing into Pro - https://docs.usecreator.com/docs/zip-export-an-ionic-project. Attached please find the zip file that can be directly imported into Pro. One disclaimer - you will have to create your security profile and update the config.xml - the ID attribute to match your mobile provisioning profile.

Basically the remaining steps are:

• Unzip the attached file
  • Link the app to your Pro account by activating “ionic link” command and following the prompts
  • Create security profile and update config.xml (ID attribute)
  • Commit the app and push to Ionic Pro (git add . and git commit -m ‘test’ and git push ionic master)

After this steps you can use the package as detailed in this article - https://ionicframework.com/docs/pro/package/profiles.html#creating-security-profiles.

I haven’t heard anything different.

Thanks for sending that. I’m going to give it a shot, as I’m desperate to get this out soon. It’s hard to believe their demeanor towards this issue. Their website still states that they can deploy right from creator to the app stores.
I’ll report back if I can get any of this to work for me.

Thanks

Issue is affecting me as well, and I have two important apps to push out to IOS. This is not good for a paid service

Write them and complain to them. I think the more we make this issue heard the sooner they’ll do something about it.

The same thing happened to me 20 days ago…and I got the same response as everyone else here…and my apps are still in limbo like everyone else here.

At the very least, they should disable IPA export in Creator. And change their marketing.

I’m guessing they don’t have enough people using Creator to care…and it’s simpler for them to have use stop paying them and leave vs. issue a fix.

I fear that’s the case. @Datamyne, were you able to successfully import your app into ionic pro? I’m attempting, but it’s not an easy feat.

No, I haven’t been able to try the Ionic Pro workaround listed in this thread.

That’s because my Ionic account…that I’m paying for…only gives me access to Creator and I’m not able to access Ionic Pro. I’m waiting for them to sort this glitch out. Sigh.

Yeah, same problem here!!! I also tried the Ionic Pro but for the creating of the packages, yeah you guess, you’ll need to pay. Could there be a work around for all the Creator users, for using temporarly the Ionic Pro version, only for building purposes. Until you fixed the 11.0 SDK part on the creator side?

I was able to export the Zip, create a new project and copy my zip files into the new project. I am able to link my project to the ionic project created in the free version of pro, and commit the project. This is where it gets difficult. I’m not 100% sure where to go after this. I run the server, but on the Ionic DevApp I get a blank page.
Also, as you’ve mentioned, you need to pay to get Pro which allows you to package for deployment.

It’s upsetting they’ve deceived us all and haven’t provided any solutions to the problems they created. I’m not sure how much time has been spent on everyones app in here, but mine I’ve worked on since January. It’s not really something I want to do over.

@HaleBringer - Okay, so here’s an update on everything. When you have a “Pro Developer” plan, you get all the goodies of Pro, along with access to the Creator. However, if you have a “Pro Creator” plan, you only get the Creator and nothing else. By the way, they both cost exactly the same.

I thought I had the “Pro Developer” plan. Ionic said no, you have the “Pro Creator” plan. So what they did was cancel + refund my “Pro Creator” plan. I then had to sign-up for the “Pro Developer” plan. Next, I had to tell Ionic I did this. And then finally, Ionic linked all of my Creator projects to my Pro Developer account.

Here’s an article that explains this - in a nutshell, you get both Pro and Creator by doing this:

So at this point, I can try to do the workaround listed in this thread for the original problem that brought us all here. I’ll update everyone if it works or fails. But at least you now know how to get Pro + Creator.

Thanks, I’m in the process of doing this exact thing. Let us know if you’re able to get it to work. I’ll do the same. Funny we paid the same amount as a pro ionic, for less features. I guess I was only interested in Creator at the time, since it was said to be capable of “publishing” to the app store.

UPDATE: Following the workaround listed in this thread, I was able to successfully get an IPA up to iTunes Connect using a zip file exported from Creator and then packaged in Ionic Pro.

The only problem is the app plays videos and the videos do not play in TestFlight (in older apps that I published using Creator generated IPA’s, videos played fine in TestFlight).

So I’m back to contacting Ionic support to see if a dependency is missing in the Zip exports or what else I need to do.

Bottom line: exporting zip files from Creator and packaging them in Ionic Pro does work, but depending upon what your app does, you’ll run into glitches. Either way, there’s a healthy learning curve as well.

That’s awesome news.
One question, what do they mean by "Create security profile and update config.xml (ID attribute)
I’m assuming they mean a security profile from Apple? I’ve done that. What needs to be updated in the config.xml? I see it states ID attribute, do I just change is that what needs updated?

Thanks for your help.

@HaleBringer - In the config.xml file, at the top you’ll see code for “id” and “version”.

For the “id”, you need to enter what you used for your Apple security certificate, for example, com.somename.appname

If what you have in the config.xml file does not match what you put in your Apple security certificate, the Ionic package builder will fail.

For the “version” it should match what you listed when setting up your app in iTunes Connect, for example, 1.0.1.

If it doesn’t match (or is not a higher number than builds you already uploaded to iTunes Connect), Apple will reject it when you try to upload through the Application Loader.

Also, initially I was using ITerm for the CLI and it caused random problems for some reason…but when I switched to Terminal and used that everything went fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help @datamyne, I found the fields you mentioned and was able to change them to the appropriate values.
I’m still not able to get a package to actually build.
I am not well versed in CLI, but I have been using terminal. Initially I wondered if I was even truly committing my project to ionic, but I think I’ve confirmed a proper commit by running my app via Ionic View (android version since iOS is not avaiable).
My packaging still fails at-

$ npm install --quiet

Followed by a few of these NPM warnings

WARN notice [SECURITY] minimatch has the following vulnerability: 1 high. Go here for more details: https://nodesecurity.io/advisories?search=minimatch&version=0.2.14 - Run npm i npm@latest -g to upgrade your npm version, and then npm audit to get more info.

I’ve ran the commands suggested in the errors (npm i npm@latest -g) several times, which has updated a few files, but it doesn’t fix the issue.

I’ll have to reach out to ionic, since I shouldn’t even have to deal with this to begin with.

@HaleBringer - I started getting the same error on Sunday 5-27-18…I even tried with builds that were successful just a day before. I think their package system is “down” at the moment.

I was able to export two versions for iTunes connect, so that’s a good thing. It looks like it’s down now again though. I really wish I had a local compiler and not relying on their system.