NEED HELP: Live Reload Server Undefined

When I run the ionic run android --livereload command, I get a weird “Running live reload server: undefined” message. Can you please help?

I’m suddenly having the same issue after the latest update.

Yes, you guys are correct. This issue happened when we update ionic with version 1.7.10

Ionic creators please look around this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,
Jugal

Having the same issue. Unable to define the port via “ionic serve --livereload-35729” (35729 is the default). Just happened after the update as well… :frowning:

Hi, I resolved with a full uninstall with:

npm uninstall -g ionic

and install again:

npm install -g cordova ionic

Now when I start the Live Reload, the message “Running live server reload : undefined” is present but it works!

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this issue too. Reinstalling ionic didn’t work for me.

i have the same problem reinstalling doesn"t fix it

downgrade to 1.7.9 Live Reload Server is not undefined. But changes are not updated in the emulate.
npm install -g ionic@1.7.9

Ionic info:
Cordova CLI: 5.4.1
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.0
Gulp local:
Ionic Version: 1.1.1-nightly-1653
Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.9
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.6.4
ios-deploy version: 1.8.3
ios-sim version: 5.0.4
Node Version: v0.12.7
Xcode version: Xcode 7.1.1 Build version 7B1005

I have the same problem. I downgraded to 1.7.9 but still get the same error.

any other suggestions?

Regards
Eminiarts

Same here. Ionic version is: 1.7.10

I’m getting this error too with Ionic version 1.7.12.

I tried it with 1.7.12 too and still get the same error.

Having the same error using v1.7.12

There’s an open issue for this already. Though when I installed 1.7.12, I was still able to have live reload working, it was just the readout from the CLI that was messed up.

It seems to be working fine for me if I am testing in a web browser on my mac but the issue is when I run

ionic run ios --device -l -c

or

ionic run android --device -l -c

This command used to work just fine but no longer works for me. Just yesterday I updated to 1.7.12

SOLVED: I had added the following to my index.html (needed when pushing out to android). This disabled livereload for both android and ios devices but was fine for web browser on mac.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="default-src *; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'; script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'">

Hans

Same problem with:
Ionic 1.7.14 on OSX El capitan.

I have 1.7.15 version. I encountered the same problem (live reload not working) and the above solution fixed it.

I Had this problem and it was related to node version.

I downgraded node and it worked fine.