Native Scrolling: Android Testers Wanted

I am using it on Nexus 5 and with side menus with ng-repeat. My websivew is always frozen I dont know why. I can’t scroll upwards or downwards

I am having the same issue too as @shfaizanali.

Its just a simple ng-repeat for a cards having 4 images.

Does native scroll works just on “scrolling job” and load time too? When the app open an page that has an object with 640 itens, ng-repeat and Ionic Native Scroll, its open time is still too long.

Native scrolling shouldn’t have a substantial change in how long it takes a page to load. If you have a lot of complicated items, you may want to use collection repeat.

Still, there is a complexity limit, I’ve seen projects that have nested ng-repeats, each with 20 divs that all have their own bindings. Eventually, you’re going to slow things down no matter what you do. It doesn’t matter what platform you use, building an app in Objective C or Java is going to slow down in those situations as well.

The best advice I have to improve scrolling and build times is to reduce complexity. If your templates are taking a while to compile, there’s probably some simplification that can be done. Some tips:

• DOM items are expensive, if you can load images using a CSS background property, do. :before or :after pseudo elements are good too.
  • Limit the number of $watches and bindings used. Check out Scott Moss’s $asqwatch video from ng-conf on some tips for finding hidden $watches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcJfg-d5nI
  • Use Angular’s bind-once whenever possible, like this: {{::myVar}}

Awesome @perry I’m feeling some improvements in the scroll on Android in the last releases. Thanks for the hard working :slight_smile:

Can you please let us know when you complete the changes in the $ionicScrollDelegate?

Thanks.

Thanks, I have it mostly working in my WIP branch but I need to add a few more things, clean it up, and add unit tests.

I did add a fix for guestures breaking native scrolling to master. So the people who say scrolling doesn’t work at all, it should work again. Let me know if anyone’s still not able to scroll.

I am not sure what I am missing. I am using the RC 0 version and when I use native scrolling, I can’t scroll any thing on the page.

Right, that should be fixed in master now. As of about an hour ago.

Just had a go with latest nightly on my lil’ app. Scrolling on a list seems extremely fluid and a pleasure to use. Pull to refresh however, is extremely clunky.

Any updates on the collection-repeat scrolling? From my latest testing that is the only hang up I have.

Can’t scroll when the keyboard is up. Sorry if that’s already been documented

Sorry for the delay, there’s been a lot going on lately. Native Scrolling delegates are in master! She’s a doozy, let me know if it helps or hurts.

不错,不错。我刚刚看了ionic,我准备试一下。

谢谢。我必须用谷歌翻译。如果事情是一个坏了,请让我知道用简单的话,那么它翻译正确。

Something DID go wrong with Google translate LOL

i am not a good developer but i solve my scroll problem with overflow-scroll= true with css
maybe can be helpfull for some one.
.overflow-scroll .scroll{
position: relative;
display: block;
overflow: scroll;
-webkit-user-select: initial!important;
-moz-user-select: initial!important;
-ms-user-select: initial!important;
user-select: initial!important;
-webkit-touch-callout: initial!important;
-webkit-text-size-adjust: initial!important;
-moz-text-size-adjust: initial!important;
text-size-adjust: initial!important;
-webkit-transform-origin: initial!important;
transform-origin: initial!important;
-webkit-transform: initial!important;
transition:all none;
}

+1 I totally am in the same boat. I’ve stopped and moved on from ionic until this happens because JS scrolling on my galaxy s5 does not work well enough it all.

Is this still necessary on the current nightly?

Is collection-repeat handled in this nightly ?

Thanks a lot

Not yet, that and list reordering should be the only remaining missing pieces though. This new updates should enable all the scroll delegate methods.