Mobile app identifier is not registered for the current project

Firebase Authentication gives me this screen when selecting the google account that want to be authenticate.
I used Sign in with redirect method.

have the same error on android using facebook login
works perfectly on ios.

Any solution to this. Please someone, anybody.

firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/cordova

Follow the steps in this above link it solve me the error.

hi @osithIONIC, that was the link i followed that landed me on the error in the first place. Please what exactly did you do?

I hope this helps someone, for the app to work properly on android, make sure the package name (com.yourcompany.appname) you provided on firebase console matches the one on your config.xml file.

Have you solved the error?

Yes I did. The solution is above.

firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/cordova

This is if you do authentification through the cordova firebase plugin.

You can also work with the old-school web SDK (js), nothing prevents that inside Ionic, given you’ll build and compile it later in your iOs and Android flavours.

https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/start

I am getting this error and have followed the steps in: firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/cordova

I have the cordova plugins installed. And I have added the below to my config.xml with my dynamic link and auth_domain and I still get the same error.

My question is about the comment above:

“I hope this helps someone, for the app to work properly on android, make sure the package name (com.yourcompany.appname) you provided on firebase console matches the one on your config.xml file.”

Putting com.yourcompany.appname in the config.xml isn’t part of the steps. I didn’t put it in my config and wouldn’t know where to put it. I’m not sure what this comment is referring to or if that is even my problem.

Okay so the package name is the id in config.xm at <widget defaultLocale=“en-US” id=

So chinedu50 is right without the package name matching the error doesn’t go away.

Hi,
I have the same error, but I Cannot find what to change in firebase: could you explain me exactly where in firebase should I set the package name ?
Thank you in advance,
David