LocalNotification click schedule new notification

Ok, so this is more like a “i need ideas” topic.
I’m building and app and part of this app is people scheduling time/date to take his pills. I’m using the cordova-plugin-local-notification and it’s all working fine, the troubling i’m having is:

• Some pills can be taken for the rest of the person’s life and more than one time per day.
  • I want to create just some notifications (like for 3 months, don’t want to create like 5000 notifs in one time) and then recreate more notifications as the user interacts with the notifications already showed.
  • I need to create new, i can’t just use the “every: day/week/month” property be cause i need to list then in a calendar and then interact with this specific notification.
  • Using .on(trigger) seems to SCHEDULE LIKE LOTS OF NEW NOTIFS.

So what i’ve done so far is all the logic of how to save a new pill because it can be daily, weekly, just some days of the week, multiple times per day, limited days, etc.
I’ve thinking in saving notifications for 90 days and when the person clicks a notifications it schedule a new notification for 90 days ahead with the info of the clicked notification.

Is there a better way to do this? Am i in the right path?