Local storage has stopped working

Oops, that’s right, I just tested the reproduction with the “real” version 2.2.0 (which was not there before, since I had ^2.2.0 as you mention @rapropos) - and there is no issue with version 2.2.0 – all works as it did before. I will now go back to version 2.3.0 in the reproduced repository, in order to demonstrate that the issue exists with the latest version 2.3.0.

I do not want to expose the workings of my app as that poses a security risk. So I first tried recreating the essentials of my app using a new base app but I couldn’t get that to fail.

I then tried reducing my app to the essential components so that I could release it. I then tried moving it to a new base app to reflect what you might do with it. Unfortunately, it now worked properly so useless for testing. I then created a new base app and copied my app to it and it worked properly. This was odd as the first thing I did when the app first failed was to remove the node-modules and re-install them but this didn’t work.

I have tried looking at the differences between the working and non-work app with version 2.3.0. There is no difference in the src data. There is a small difference between to configuration elements. However, most difference is between the node-modules even though they are supposed to be all at the same version. So I don’t know what is causing the problem.

The different process running when the app doesn’t work is browser.js. This cannot be found when the app works. So what is requesting this?

All of this is being served within a Chromium browser on debian testing (linux).

@ptuson please note: I have also encountered the issue you report here. I have replicated it in the repository (please read the thread above). rapropos above has already found a workaround solution - go back to version ~2.2.0 of @ionic/storage in your package.json (see thread above). Have you seen your problem continue with that version? If not, then you have a temporary fix, until, in future versions of @ionic/storage this issue will be fixed - all you have to do is go back one version for that package for things to work for you.