Here is the sequence of events that seems to make this happen:
- I am using the ion-searchbar
- I type in text into the searchbar
- I hit the clear button within the searchbar
- I try to dismiss the keyboard using the Android button that pops up at the bottom of the keyboard (upside down triangle icon on Moto Z, Android 7.0)
- The keyboard disappears for a split second, then pops right back up
- I dismiss the keyboard using the same method
- It goes away for good
So my question is, why does it pop right back up?
Again, it only happens when I use the clear button within the searchbar. If I simply type in text, delete the text using backspace, and then dismiss the keyboard, it does not pop right back up.