Is Ionic2 CLI stable enough to be used on Windows 10

I have encountered 2 frustrating problems with Ionic CLI on Windows for several months, and was hoping these would be fixed in final release, but they still persist:

1. HTML template changes do not get reflected in the browser. I have tried clearing browser cache, Incognito mode, Ctrl+F5, but nothing works. Killing the CLI session and re-issuing ionic serve command sometimes works. I have also asked this question in SO, but no reply yet.

2. Using Ionic CLI to generate a new project often does not have the src folder in it. See SO question on this

I am on Windows 10 64 bit, node version 6.9.4, and ionic version 2.2.1

This is very frustrating to newbies like me where we cannot get an ionic project off the ground. So my question is:

1. Is Ionic CLI stable enough to be used on Windows (I am assuming this is a Windows only issue)
  2. Do you think it might be better to use Ionic2 inside a regular Angular2 CLI project and what the steps might be? Is this article still the correct way to do this?

Edit: Results of ionic info:
Your system information:

ordova CLI: 6.5.0
Ionic CLI Version: 2.2.1
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.2.0
ios-deploy version: Not installed
ios-sim version: Not installed
Node Version: v6.9.4
Xcode version: Not installed

I’m in Windows 10, and I don’t have either of those problems. I do have an issue of CSS changes not always being loaded by Ionic Serve, but that’s minor compared to what you’re reporting.

You don’t say which version of app-scripts you have, which might matter. Please copypaste the result of $ ionic info.

I have edited my question and included the results of ionic info command. Further, if appscripts is the issue, why wouldn’t the ionic cli install the correct version of appscripts? Am I missing something?

What you’re describing is not normal. You might want to do a clean install: delete cordova and Ionic, delete Node and npm, make sure the node-modules folder is manually deleted, reinstall node, reinstall cordova, reinstall Ionic. In that order.

I don’t think that’s windows only problem. In the past, some user already report this bug (check This)

I personally had this issue when using RC version (I am using Ubuntu). I haven’t had any time to play around with final release version so I can’t confirm whether this bug still persist or not.

Can you elaborate more and see what the console says after you make change to HTML file under ionic serve?