Is application restart needed after update?

Hi y’all,

I’ve been building an application for Android and iOS and I’ve noticed Android users complain about the application not reflecting changes after an update. Not the same happens in iOS where the changes reflect after the application gets focus again.

I was wondering if, at least on Android, is it necessary to close and reopen the application after and update has been submitted to the Play Store. Does anyone have faced a similar issue?

Thanks in advance,

Saul Martínez

I can confirm that iOS does handle this very nicely. On my emulator running 4.2 I did have to close the app and re-open it, but on my android phone running 5.1 I didn’t have to.

It honestly may be one of those horrible quirks that SOME android variants have (Even if they’re the same build) and some don’t. I’m interested to know if anyone else has any information on that, a quick search in google didn’t pull up much :confused:

I can reproduce some sort of this problem on android 4.x devices that are using the old Stock-Android-Browser as default where that old webview is used to render the app. I do not know exactly if those devices get the new independent “WebView”-Updates, yet.
If so this problem should be gone in the near future.

1 Like