Is anyone else having issues with their Android builds?

Hi,

I have built an app in Ionic V3 and successfully built and deployed into IOS Testflight but now I need to get it into the Play store and am experiencing loads of issues performing the build.

I am getting a constant stream of errors related to gradle. Each ‘fix’ I find on Google then leads to another and at some point I then have to remove/add the platform again which then overwrites all of the previous fixes.

I think most the issues are related to Firebase which is really annoying as my entire app is built with Firebase as the data layer and this cannot be changed now.

I am really getting to the end of my tether here so any help advice would be appreciated. I have tried upgrading everything to the latest versions but then certain fixes require Cordova to be downgraded back to V8 which then undoes other fixes… surely there must be a clear path to build for Android apps using Firebase???

Ionic info returns the following;

Ionic:

Ionic CLI : 5.4.4 (/Users/me/npm/lib/node_modules/ionic)

Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.9.2

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.2.1

Cordova:

Cordova CLI : 8.0.0

Cordova Platforms : android 7.0.0, ios 4.5.5

Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 4.1.0, (and 27 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : 0.3.0 (update available: 0.8.0)

native-run : 0.2.1 (update available: 0.2.9)

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (/Users/me/Library/Android/sdk)

ios-deploy : 1.9.4

ios-sim : 5.0.4

NodeJS : v10.15.0 (/Users/me/.nvm/versions/node/v10.15.0/bin/node)

npm : 6.4.1

Xcode : Xcode 11.1 Build version 11A1027