iOS: Snapshotting a view that has not been rendered results in an empty snapshot

Anyone facing that warning too running the iOS debugger (iPhone 6 os 9.1)? Did you find a solution?

Snapshotting a view that has not been rendered results in an empty snapshot. Ensure your view has been rendered at least once before snapshotting or snapshot after screen updates.

1 Like

Do you have a solution for this? I have the same issue in ionic2 on ipad. On iPhone everything works well…

such a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) … honestly I don’t remember and I think I don’t face it anymore. sorry I know not really helpful :frowning:

The problem was in plugin status bar. I reinstalled it and everything is fine

1 Like

I am running into the same problem. I am implementing a sample from Josh Morony (https://www.joshmorony.com/advanced-forms-validation-in-ionic-2/). I have gotten to the validators yet and wanted to see the app running. I did an ionic cordova prepare with Ionic 3.6 and opened in XCode 8.3.3. Run the simulator. The app loads.

I try to click a text input and the cursor never really gets set. When I try and type something it is ignored. Eventually in the console I get:
Snapshotting a view that has not been rendered results in an empty snapshot. Ensure your view has been rendered at least once before snapshotting or snapshot after screen updates.

Tried this with a couple of results, getting the same. I tried removing and re-adding the status bar plug and doing an ionic cordova prepare again. Same results. Here is my ionic info:
cli packages:

@ionic/cli-plugin-cordova       : 1.5.0 (/Users/Ken/Projects/advanced-forms/node_modules/@ionic/cli-plugin-cordova)
@ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular : 1.4.0 (/Users/Ken/Projects/advanced-forms/node_modules/@ionic/cli-plugin-ionic-angular)
@ionic/cli-utils                : 1.6.0 (/Users/Ken/Projects/advanced-forms/node_modules/@ionic/cli-utils)
ionic (Ionic CLI)               : 3.6.0 (/Users/Ken/Projects/advanced-forms/node_modules/ionic)

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 6.1.1 

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 2.1.3
Cordova Platforms  : ios 4.1.1
Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.6.0

System:

Node       : v6.10.1
OS         : macOS Sierra
Xcode      : Xcode 8.3.3 Build version 8E3004b 
ios-deploy : 1.9.1 
ios-sim    : 5.0.13 
npm        : 3.10.10

I’ve got the same problem with a form that needs to be validated. When I run in the browser or on my device everything works like a charm.

But when I try to run it in the simulator I get the error “Snapshotting a view that has not been rendered results in an empty snapshot. Ensure your view has been rendered at least once before snapshotting or snapshot after screen updates.”

Is there anyone who has found a solution for this? Running the simulator is easier to work with for me. But in the mean time I will use my connected iPhone device