iOS Fatal Crash with Ionic 1

Hi,

I’ve Fabri.io integrated with with Ionic app, I am getting some strange Fatal Crashes with Ionic 1. Some of them are related to douple tap (sollowDoubleTap issue) and some are related to transition, some are animation related and some of them are related to AV Playback in fullscreen and auto rotate. However, they are all related Native Crashes. I am also logging Js error of App to Fabric as “Non-Fatal” crash. in case of a Non-Fatal Crash, I was able to track back error to it’s origin, in most cases, but, of Fatal crashes, debugging and Hit-&-try to the app component/areas where it should exists does not yield expected result.

Some of these Fatal Crashes are:

[UIView(CALayerDelegate) _wantsReapplicationOfAutoLayoutWithLayoutDirtyOnEntry:] 
   Crashed: WebThread
   0  libobjc.A.dylib                0x1c7984e6 objc_msgSend + 5
   1  UIKit                          0x228ca6e1 -[UIView(CALayerDelegate) _wantsReapplicationOfAutoLayoutWithLayoutDirtyOnEntry:] + 90
   2  UIKit                          0x225d1d9f -[UIView(CALayerDelegate) layoutSublayersOfLayer:] + 1340
   3  QuartzCore                     0x203e5841 -[CALayer layoutSublayers] + 126

And:

Crashed: com.apple.main-thread
    0  UIKit                          0x1992b0e00 -[UIPresentationController _transitionToPresentationController:withTransitionCoordinator:] + 1812
    1  UIKit                          0x1992cf308 -[UIViewController _adaptedPresentationControllerForTraitCollection:withTransitionCoordinator:] + 792
    2  UIKit                          0x1992b6f50 -[UIPresentationController _sharedParent:willTransitionToTraitCollection:withTransitionCoordinator:] + 212

And:

Crashed: com.apple.main-thread
0  libobjc.A.dylib                0x1910a2f30 objc_msgSend + 16
1  UIKit                          0x198a7d1bc -[UITextInteractionAssistant(UITextInteractionAssistant_Internal) swallowsDoubleTapWithScale:atPoint:] + 272
2  UIKit                          0x19891b4c8 -[UIWebDocumentView shouldSelectionAssistantReceiveDoubleTapAtPoint:forScale:] + 108
3  UIKit                          0x198a6f83c -[UIGestureRecognizerTarget _sendActionWithGestureRecognizer:] + 64
4  UIKit                          0x198a72f44 _UIGestureRecognizerSendTargetActions + 124
5  UIKit                          0x198634614 _UIGestureRecognizerSendActions + 260

There are a lot of these and I want to know if there is any reliable way to debug such crashes? I am trying to debug with iOS crash reporting, but, I was wondering if there are other tools for this.

1 Like