Ios computer for Ionic

We can’t use ionic with macOS before 10.12.6 ?

Ionic will run fine on any macOS but Apple requires 12.6 for Xcode 9, and you need Xcode 9 to release apps for iOS 11.

So if it’s just for personal development you can use an old Xcode and simulator for iOS 10, but you won’t be able to sign and distribute it

If I dont want to plublish in the store but Just test on my iPhone in Ios11 can I use macOS before 10.12.6?

No I don’t believe that you can.

An old version of Xcode can run your app in a simulator running iOS 10 or earlier, but you won’t be able to put the app on your actual phone.

Ok thanks ! It’s very complicated for Ios we need to buy so much things :’(

You just need 1 computer that can run a recent version of macOS and an optional developer account to publish.

It’s helpful to have a test device but it’s not really necessary since the simulator works well. It’s not very complicated at all.

Yes but a recent Mac that can run a recent version of macOS is expensive for me :frowning:

You can buy an almost 10 year old iMac and run 10.12.6 on it. A refurbished mac mini with 1 year warranty is only $400 from Apple directly. There’s no reason that you need to spend more than $200 on a used Mac to run Xcode 9

1 Like

Thank you very much for the link ! And thank you for all of these answers !!