IOS 14 datetime-local, date, time pop-up won't appear

I have found a solution to the issue I had with datetime input spinner in ionic-v1 not appearing.

The native component has changed, it’s now a pop-up not a spinning wheel anymore.
I causes issues when Ionic set focus on the component while the pop-up is opening. It cancels the pop-up opening.

I have made a patch to my ionic.bundle.js in two places :

if tapHandleFocus function around the piece of code 

} else if ((/^(input|textarea|ion-label)$/i).test(ele.tagName) || ele.isContentEditable) {
    triggerFocusIn = true;
    /** EPA bug fix IOS 14 avoid focus on date time input that closes the pop-up */
    ele.focus && !(ionic.tap.isDateInput(ele) && (( navigator.appVersion.indexOf('iPhone OS 14') > 0 || navigator.appVersion.indexOf('iPhone OS 15') > 0 ))) && ele.focus();
    ele.value = ele.value;
function keyboardFocusIn(e) {

/** EPA: Correction bug IOS 14 do not resize page when popup appear cause now it's displayed on top without disturbing the layout of the page */

if (ionic.tap.isDateInput(e.target) && ( navigator.appVersion.indexOf('iPhone OS 14') > 0 || navigator.appVersion.indexOf('iPhone OS 15') > 0 )) return;

clearTimeout(keyboardFocusOutTimer);

It’s handling ios 14 and 15, don’t know if version 16 will have the same structure.

Hope it will help you.

Best Regards