iOS 13.2 kill() returned unexpected error 1

I’m getting this bug, and the app is noticably slower. Especially in page transitions.

This page gives some good hints:

I ended up using Cordova to get it to work but I’m about to comb through the solution and see if I can get it to work with Capacitor.

Good luck everyone/hope this helps!

Anybody found a proper solution?
Just switched from Cordova to Capacitor, and I am not going back if I can help it.

Are there any news on this issue? I started having transition issues on iOS and fixed them now by loading stuff after a page was initialized, but now that I see this issue in XCode this is something I’ve not had before, probably resulting in quite the speed loss of my app, which is besides that running fine so far, just slower than before. :-/

I have this issue also using Capacitor. Any fixes out there?

As far as I know this isn’t an issue with Capacitor but with WebView on iOS. I also read somewhere else that the issue should be fixed with iOS 13.4 which is released next week. Lets hope that this is true and that Apple fixed that issue because they are the only ones who can if I understood reading other posts correctly.

Update 3/27/20: Apple released iOS 13.4 this week, which fixes this issue. If you’re using Capacitor, please update to version 1.5.2.

Hi all, this is certainly annoying of course, but as far as the Ionic team has seen, it doesn’t cause performance issues. It clogs up your local logs in Xcode, making debugging difficult. If your app is crashing, or you see a white screen - that’s something else that is related to your code. See this video on white screens or the sections on remote debugging for figuring out what’s happening.

This is an Safari/WebKit bug, not an Ionic one. Meaning, unfortunately, it’s up to Apple to fix this. Here’s the bug you can track. It appears to be resolved, but we’re unsure when it’ll be released. In the meantime, iOS-based Ionic apps are still being published on the App Store successfully. (Marking this as Solution for now, so more folks see it)

Edit: Thanks to @wekas for the temp “fix” - removing the logging. see here.

1 Like

I actually used this temporary fix which removed the logging and enabled me to debug.

1 Like

iOS 13.4 has finally fixed this warning / error!

2 Likes