iOS 11: grey bottom bar in Ionic v1

Hey guys,

Does anyone else have a grey bar at the bottom of your app like this?

Since Apple released it’s iOS 11 beta 1 I started testing my apps and only experience this in one single app.
Not sure if this is an ‘issue’ with iOS or my app, but after debugging for around two hours I just can’t get rid of it.

This happens on iOS 11 simulator and real devices, tested on iPhone 7 / 6 / 5se.
If you need any further details, please let me know.

EDIT: I realized this bar is at the top and then comes down when opening the app.
Looks like the full screen mode, but I made sure neither the app but XCode has full screen call

One more fact: When activating the green call bar in simulator, it sizes perfect.

Thanks for helping out!

I’m having the same issue in Ionic 3.5.0

I haven’t been able to find out what exactly causes this issue, but I guess it has something to do with the latest version of the cordova-status-bar plugin.

Make sure you have all of the appropriate splash screen sizes for iOS (including any new sizes that you may not have generated originally). Not sure if this is the issue you’re facing or not, but not having the correct splash screen sizes defined can prevent your application from taking up the full screen space.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunaly this did not helped.
To be honest, i gave up and i’m waiting for the stable iOS11 version.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I’m experiencing it with ionic 1.3.1 and iOS 11.0.

Hey,Did you found any solution for this?

Sorry for the late response, i remember the problem disappeared after updating my components.