IonicView Terms of Service

According to the terms of service… If I use Ionic View for an any application that I will submit to the app store that I have created drifty has full rights to it just by using Ionic View? Am I missing something.

DRIFTY’S RIGHTS TO SUBMITTED USER MATERIALS

For all of your User Materials that you post or otherwise submit to the Site, including (a) comments to Communications Venues, (b) feedback, © bug reports, (d) piracy reports or (e) product suggestions, you grant Drifty and the users of this Site an unrestricted, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully paid up license under all Intellectual Property Rights to use, reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, copy, edit, modify, translate, reformat, transmit and distribute such User Materials, with or without having your name attached to such User Materials, in any manner or form and for any purpose, with full rights to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of distribution, and you also acknowledge and agree that Drifty is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you provide for any purpose without any compensation to you. You acknowledge and agree that Drifty shall not be liable for any failure to store User Materials on the Site at any time.

Submitted User Materials is limited to things you post on Ionic/Driftyco’s websites, like comments, or whatever I put in this comment. They don’t have rights to your code/app.

Futhermore, the Ionic Framework is licensed under the MIT license, which means you can use the code in proprietary software; in other words the use of the Ionic Framework does not grant Ionic/Driftyco any rights to what you develop with it.

1 Like

IMNAL…

Submitted user material just covers content that you post to our services.
The actual code and product that you compile and submit to an app store is yours and always will be.
We do not claim and ownership of your IP.

Does this applies to ionic view and/or ionic creator?

I understand that you must be able to access apps submitted on ionic view but I don’t want to give away the IP for pro apps.

IMNAL…
We don’t claim any right to your IP

Hey,

First thanks for the amazing services. I just started to take a look at ionic, but absolutely love it.

I was also checking out the terms of service. I understand and very happy about the intention that you don’t want to claim ownership or any other rights of the developer’s IP, but I didn’t find it in the term of service. Could you please point out the chapter of the term of service regarding that issue? What I found is:

• All user-supplied Materials are referred to collectively as “User Materials”.
  • DRIFTY’S RIGHTS TO SUBMITTED USER MATERIALS (The part already quoted by Renonline)

I couldn’t find a part where it says how the uploaded apps are handled, who has rights to what, confidentiality issues etc. The problem is that the TOS is definitely a stronger legal framework than a forum post. Of course maybe I just missed it in the TOS.

Thanks