Ionic toturial for building a release.apk

Do you already have the app installed on your phone from a previous version? This can cause the app to crash because of a INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE error

I don’t know if anybody said but IONIC recommends removing the cordova-plugin-console.
Here’s the hints -> https://ionicframework.com/docs/guide/publishing.html

Where (path) should I copy these files?

Any ionic 2 guy wondering here, it do not work for ionic 2. i just found another guide for ionic 2 after trying this one. here is that guide’s link

awesome, it’s work also for me! thanks

only create a file release-signing.properties on platforms/android/ with these content:

key.store=YourApp.keystore
key.store.password=
key.alias=YourApp
key.alias.password=

What is alias can you tell me with example.

I’m trying to run the command

ionic build android --release

But error occurring saying that

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:packageRelease’.

com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key MyApp from store “D:\Mujib\ionic\MyApp\platforms\android\MyApp.keystore”: No key with alias ‘MyApp’ found in keystore D:\Mujib\ionic\MyApp\platforms\android\MyApp.keystore

Please let me know what I have done wrong

You’ll need a key for you app: keytool -genkey -v -keystore MyApp.keystore -alias MyApp -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

@mohitsaxena, I am also getting this same error when I try to install the apk file in mobile. Please let me know if you get solution for it.

Anybody please guide us fix this error. Thanks in advance.

please refer this website

plz tell me how to generate release SHA-1 for google login…I’m getting error 10…plz help me

as far as am concern i will recommend build.phonegap.com for you to sign your app it is easy and fast and also use keystore explorer to generate the keypairs

noo it limits your app to a certain size and is incredibly slow. Once you configure your release process right making a release isn’t hard at all and will save you a bunch of itme.