Ionic run android gives error : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Thanks, this helped me too!!

Thanks a lot! It works for me too! I’m using jdk jdk1.7.0_09.

This also worked for me. Thanks!

You saved my day, THANKS A LOT @priteshpmehta

this solves the problem. thanks for the help

It worked for me too. I deleted the version 24 Android SDK Build tools using Android SDK manager and then I could do ionic build android without errors.

Thanks a lot!!! It solved my problem.

THANK YOU! This problem was driving me crazy.

“Another separate issue is that versions 24 and higher of the Android SDK Build-tools package require Java JDK 8 or higher.” So yeah it would not run with java 7 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! works… thank you so much!

It works for me too, thanks. Now the only problem is that, when I try to install the generated APK in an android phone, it says “there was an error while analysing the package”. Wonder how to solve that one now.

Thank You Pritesh … I Got same Issue … And Solved …

Why delete the v24 build? Just update the Java dev kit to 8+ from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

My default java Version was 1.7 (check withjava -version ).
But i already had 1.8 on my system, so i just had to change to $JAVA_HOME variable to make it work. No need to uninstall v24.

How to change $JAVA_HOME is described in this SO Article:

If you’re using visual studio, you’ve to override the default java path under options > tools for apache cordova > environment > JAVA_HOME

uch … thank you!!! Was dealing with it like 2 weeks now … so deleted v24 and added v23

Thank you so much. My build just broke today and I have a tight deadline for a project.

Same issue for SDK Build tools 25, 25.0.1, 25.0.2. working fine with SDK Build tools 23.0.3

Thank you priteshpmehta.

It worked for me too! thanks!

If you delete sdk 24, and when you try to build it using ionic build android it says you need to install sdk version 24, so it is not a solution, at least for me