Ionic resources not generating resources for Windows 10 (UWP)

This issue, is probably a replication of this one, , but some time has passed and this still seems to not be working.

I also recieve the error The following image was skipped because it has an unsupported size undefinedxundefined): resources\android\icon\drawable-xhdpi-icon.png, and when I look into the created Visual studio projects images folder…

2017-09-04_1526

These are all just the default Cordova images.

If I run ionic cordova resources wp8 then I get the prompt Platform wp8 not detected. Would you like to install it? to which I say no.

If I then try ionic cordova resources windows, I get

Collecting resource configuration and source images - done!
√ Filtering out image resources that do not need regeneration - done!
[OK] No need to regenerate images--source files unchanged.

Not sure of the best way around this, preferably without having to go into Visual Studio (as don’t want to have to keep the created project on source control)

Thanks advance

Does ionic cordova resources really support the Windows platform?
Does Cordova properly support all images needed? What is the documentation (link) on that?

(wp8 was the platform for Windows Phone I think.)

Hmm, In a further search, I found this issue.. Looks like I am going to have to do manually within Visual Studio.

1 Like

There might be other, local, command line tools (ionic cordova resources uplodas your icon and splash to a Ionic server, then gets the modified files returned back) that do the same job, also for windows. Searching npm could help.

1 Like

As suggested, I looked for other tools, and I did find this, I might give it a go. I have just used Visual Studio to generate most of the images (though it seemed to miss some that I had to just resize manually), and a few seem to have too much padding. I’ll need to copy these images in during the build. This will have to do for now.

1 Like