Ionic push plugins notifications working intermittently

The on notification event is working intermittently.
Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes it works at begining and after it stops to receive notifications.

I frequently need to restart the emulator to try to make it work.

Anyone is facing the same problem or knows the possible causes?

I’m testing on a Android emulator using GCM together Amazon SNS.

Sometimes in real devices also it is not working. I am facing the same problem.

Are you using Ionic Push and Ionic 2 together? Just a heads up, that this is currently still not 100% supported.

Yes. It’s an Ionic 2 ap with an push plugin installed through ionic plugin add phonegap-plugin-push command.

Can you confirm that this problem is caused by the lack of full support for this function currently or is that just an possible cause?

If so, there’s a safer alternative to using push together Ionic 2?

1 Like

I have the same problem using latest Ionic 2 beta 10, angular rc3 and ionic-native 1.3.9 only returns the following, but no message appears on the device.

curl -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer token" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{
    "tokens": ["deviceToken"],
    "profile": "fake_push_profile",
    "notification": {
        "message": "Hello World!"
    }
}' "https://api.ionic.io/push/notifications"
{"meta": {"request_id": "d12fefaa-4427-4eb7-98da-2dddf7092b1e", "version": "2.0.0-beta.0", "status": 201}, "data": {"uuid": "9a7d5425-6594-4c54-83b8-a643f5e047cc", "state": "enqueued", "status": "open", "config": {"tokens": ["device token"], "notification": {"message": "Hello World!"}, "profile": "fake_push_profile"}, "created": "2016-07-27T09:35:00.784952+00:00", "app_id": "5f123220"}}