Ionic Pro (Update on coming Ionic Cloud changes)

Hello Ionic Team,

I have seen arguments like mine above but I will write what we, as a small French company think about your decisions.
We have been using ionic Framework for a year now and we think it is great. Few weeks ago, we implemented ionic cloud with authentication.

We don’t understand at all why you decided to remove this feature that will be very complicated to update after delivering our app to our clients ( in a few weeks ).

We honestly understand your need to make money with your product as we also code and sell for living (at least we try). Paying a pro plan wouldn’t have been an issue with Authentication included ! However, the actual dilemma for us is now to choose between Ionic pro alternatives (which exist) with using a custom or stand alone authentication…

We would be so much grateful if you reconsider your decision regarding Ionic authentication or quickly build a solution for migration to another solution.

Please, make Ionic great again

2 Likes

Hello, I have just paid updated to Ionic Pro - Developer plan, but in my legacy dashboard, I am still getting a limit of 10,000 push. I need 100K push messages. Kindly help urgently.

Thanks,

As far as I know Ionic Pro has no effect on the legacy dashboard as it is a new service.

If you want to talk to Ionic people, you better use the support system: http://ionicframework.com/support#support We are just community members here.

Hi all - I’m a newby chiming in here. I’m currently just evaluating Ionic - and while I think the framework looks convincing, the entry-level price is way too steep for me. As a single developer working on a single app, shelling out that kind of money just to get a basic product built on a framework into the app stores is way too high. IMO, there is a gap here for single-developer shops and devs working on their private projects.

You don’t have to use these tools, they simply make some things easier, but certainly aren’t necessary.

As far as I understood from the comparison, I can only create development builds with a free account?

You can also create all builds locally on you machine.